Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've dropped A2 History due to mental and physical health issues that I'm currently experiencing. I'm now doing A2 Chemistry and Biology and AS History. Would I be able to get into a decent university with 2 full A-Levels and an AS? I just don't want to have to stay behind for a year and be forced to do a BTEC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxVENUSx)
    Basically, I've dropped A2 History due to mental and physical health issues that I'm currently experiencing. I'm now doing A2 Chemistry and Biology and AS History. Would I be able to get into a decent university with 2 full A-Levels and an AS? I just don't want to have to stay behind for a year and be forced to do a BTEC.

Could you say what course you're hoping to do, which units you'd like to go to and your predicted grades? It really does depend, sweet. I had to drop out of AS due to mental health problems so I'm a year behind but now I'm doing super well and on track for all A's. Sometimes, waiting another year is the best thing you can do if it means you can go where you want for uni. Nonetheless, it really does depend on the unis and the grades you'll get x
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Whatever university your interested in ask and contact them before making an assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btea)
    Could you say what course you're hoping to do, which units you'd like to go to and your predicted grades? It really does depend, sweet. I had to drop out of AS due to mental health problems so I'm a year behind but now I'm doing super well and on track for all A's. Sometimes, waiting another year is the best thing you can do if it means you can go where you want for uni. Nonetheless, it really does depend on the unis and the grades you'll get x
    I'm predicted A's in Chemistry and Biology. I was predicted a B in A2 History but now I'm only doing AS so I don't know my predicted grade. I was hoping to do computer science (I know some universities ask for maths but Uni of Essex and a few others don't).

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted A's in Chemistry and Biology. I was predicted a B in A2 History but now I'm only doing AS so I don't know my predicted grade. I was hoping to do computer science (I know some universities ask for maths but Uni of Essex and a few others don't).
    They're really good grades! Just had a quick click on their website and it might be that the two grades higher that you're predicted might make up the UCAS points. Alternatively, it seems that they offer a foundation year which means that even if they won't take two a levels, you can still go! If that's the case with them, it's likely there are other foundation courses too. The best thing you can do is give the departments of the universities you're interested in a call on Monday to discuss your circumstances. Most universities often have a mitigating circumstances form you can fill in to accompany your application (I had to) and they will consider your results in light of this information. Don't stress though, you can get into a good university whichever way you go about it!

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, this is something only university admissions will know the answer to.

ReputationRep:
    There will be some universities that will be strict on 3 A levels to include maths. I know you will be looking for a good uni but so will people who have the predicted entry requirements. I would be surprised if a uni with AAA requirement would accept you but possibly a BBB uni might. A phone call might be worth it. Otherwise, there are universities that will take you based on 2 A levels or UCAS points alone. Just go through the Uni links on this table https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...bles-2016#S220 and you will find some.

The other thing you may want to consider is the more prestigious the university the more likely it is that they push the students to do well and it can be quite stressful. Maybe consider a uni with a more relaxed course.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.