Turn on thread page Beta

What was your first concert experience like? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see placebo in a week

ReputationRep:
    Fall Out Boy when I was 14 :moon: Feels like it was a million years ago but I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Fall Out Boy when I was 14 :moon: Feels like it was a million years ago but I loved it.
    *Cringes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not not light)
    *Cringes*
    Lmao I know. I was young.

ReputationRep:
    Went to see Motorhead play in Reading when I was 16. I was RIGHT next to the speaker and remember being like "Oh FFS" when Lemmy kept shouting "You want us to play ****ing louder!!!???" and kept turning the amps up every time the crowd shouted "YEAH!!!!!" :rofl:

*Cringes*
    Easy to take the piss now, but they were the **** back in the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Carr)
    Went to see Motorhead play in Reading when I was 16. I was RIGHT next to the speaker and remember being like "Oh FFS" when Lemmy kept shouting "You want us to play ****ing louder!!!???" and kept turning the amps up every time the crowd shouted "YEAH!!!!!" :rofl:

Lol should I take ear plugs?

ReputationRep:
    I loved them so I have no regrets :laugh: It was like 8/9 years ago now, all of my friends were super jealous that I got to go :lol: Ah. Memories. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Lol should I take ear plugs?
    Placebo were never a "louder is better" kinda band, but I think with any concert I'd advise against being right next to the amps :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Mine was on Thursday night!

I went to see Don Diablo in Newcastle, he's doing a tour of the UK and Newcastle was his first stop so I had to go! I'd had the tickets since the start of September so was so excited.

It didn't start out so good. All it said on the ticket was 7:00pm so I just assumed that's what time he was on. I arrived at the O2 Academy for half 6 thinking this was plenty of time.. the queue wrapped around the entire building. Oh dear. I didn't get in until about quarter to 8 and then I had to find the main stage. When I did, the DJ was just closing his set and the next guy wasn't Don Diablo. He was called King Arthur or something. I thought the guy who was closing when I got in was Don Diablo and I'd just missed him. I was just stood there in the crowd so angry at myself. But I just thought to myself "You know what, I paid for this ticket, I'm going to stay and enjoy this guy's set as much as I can, the staff won't notice." So I managed to get myself into it, and at one point I quickly googled on my phone "King Arthur O2 Academy" and it was then I found out that King Arthur was just a supporting DJ for Don Diablo. I didn't realise there'd be supporting artists. So I could enjoy the set a lot more then at 9 the man himself came on stage.

It was a really good set, mainly just him playing his original songs & remixes and sharing a few of his upcoming tracks with us. Not really so much DJ'ing involved like he does at the bigger festivals but still good to be there. I'm not a fan of all his songs, in fact only a select few, On My Mind, What We Started, Make Me Feel Better etc. but you'll dance to anything at a concert, won't you? Plus the music was so loud I could barely work out what I was listening to half the time, but I uploaded about 15,000 snapchat stories and the sound on them was a lot better so I could watch them again and save what I liked. Oh, and there were moshpits. Lots of them. I'm lucky I'm tall otherwise I'd have ended the night in hospital.

I learnt to arrive for concerts a couple of hours early instead of half an hour (though I'm kind of glad i missed the first supporting set because by the end I could barely stand) and I learnt to never wear a jacket to a concert. Ever. Bad idea. The only thing is, I didn't drink. I was there to enjoy the music, see someone I follow and really like, learn what I could about DJ'ing live and that was it. Not to get blackout drunk and pull underage girls like everyone else around me. But that's Geordies for you. I enjoyed it so much tho, and it's such a shame we don't get anyone else like Don Diablo in Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    I loved them so I have no regrets :laugh: It was like 8/9 years ago now, all of my friends were super jealous that I got to go :lol: Ah. Memories. :moon:
    Still the best cover of "Beat It" I've ever heard :top: I still love Motorhead Ahhh and during the concert my mate and I were massive wrestling fans at the time and Metallica did a song called Line in the Sand which was used as the entrance theme for a faction named Evolution, so when Lemmy asked if anyone has any requests towards the end of the night my mate shouted the song and Lemmy just pointed our way and went "Yeah, let's do that one - Line in the Sand, boys...". Such an awesome moment

ReputationRep:
    My first concert was Papa Roach back in 2013, they were my favourite band at the time and I loved every second of it!

ReputationRep:
    My first concert was Taste of Chaos at SECC when I was 13/14. I went with my mum and there were bands such as Aiden, Saosin and Taking Back Sunday there. T'was a good night but I don't listen to any of those bands now

I remember wearing a lot of eyeliner and having a long bang fringe and that pretty much everyone in the crowd looked the same as that :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Left drenched in beer, and covered in bruises from mosh pit. :broken::beerglass:

Also lost my hearing for a week afterwards. Was standing at front near speakers.

Was a NOFX, Lagwagon and Alkaline trio concert.

Had an epic time.

ReputationRep:
    First big gig I went to was Pantera on their Far Beyond Driven tour.

It was a long time ago by TSR standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    First big gig I went to was Pantera on their Far Beyond Driven tour.

It was a long time ago by TSR standards.
    Oh, it was amazing btw

ReputationRep:
    My first concert was last year at the o2 seeing The Vamps, it was amazing!

Sounds cheesy but it was one of the best nights of my life. I've never been so happy before. That afternoon I went to a signing and met one of my favourite bands, they were lovely people. Then at the actual concert I was just speechless; the bands, music and the vibe was just incredible. Plus I was with my 3 best friends which just made it more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    I went to see Muse back in 2012 at the Manchester arena, it was crowded and very loud but absolutely loved it and met some cool people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Left drenched in beer, and covered in bruises from mosh pit. :broken::beerglass:

Also lost my hearing for a week afterwards. Was standing at front near speakers.

Was a NOFX, Lagwagon and Alkaline trio concert.

Had an epic time.
    What an awesome collection of bands!

ReputationRep:
    What an awesome collection of bands!
    Thanks Always appreciate coming across others with good tastes.

Cool DP btw

ReputationRep:
    Saw Wheatus when I was 9. Was an alright gig. Wouldn't go see them now though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.