Turn on thread page Beta

Worried I'm getting robbed at Debenhams watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys I started work at Debenhams on Tuesday and you should get paid on final Friday of every month but I haven't been paid and it's Saturday now. I haven't been given an employee number either and when I try to log onto the Debenhams career website it says my username is not registered. I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone who's worked at Debenhams before tell me if this is normal or not?

ReputationRep:
    If you started recently, it may go onto your next pay whatever money you've earnt so far. It's what they do at alot of places, I think. I'd ask a manager, if I were you, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sometimes it can take up to a month for your details to be registered, that's what it said on my company's portal anyway. I think you should wait until next month, remember you've only been there for a week so not everything may be updated yet.

ReputationRep:
    When I started working I had to give my bank details etc to be put on the payroll. Have they asked you for your details? You might not be in the system yet and so won't be given your earnings this month. Make a note of the hours you've worked so far just in case.

Also, they could very well have a system whereby employees are paid on the last working day of the month (Monday 31st Oct)

Definitely bring this up to your manager to clarify things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    When I started working I had to give my bank details etc to be put on the payroll. Have they asked you for your details? You might not be in the system yet and so won't be given your earnings this month. Make a note of the hours you've worked so far just in case.

Also, they could very well have a system whereby employees are paid on the last working day of the month (Monday 31st Oct)

Definitely bring this up to your manager to clarify things.
    Yeah they asked me to complete a bunch of tasks online about my details which I did including my bank details. But its the fact that my username is no longer registered on their careers website which makes me think they deleted all my details. I'll definitely speak to my manager.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys , I guess speaking to my manager is the best thing for me to do right now.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.