The Student Room Group

Falling in Love With roommates and failing my course.

Hey so im in a huge dilemma, Im currently a first year student and im living in University halls. I have literally fallen madly in love with one of my rommates and i need to know what to do. But we get along so well, she has already asked me to live with her next year! I'm unsure if see has feelings for me but im too shy to make a move. Also i'm kind of failing my course and have no idea what to do about it plus having this feeling on my mind is making me not focused on work. I was a straight A student but now i came out of my first test with 23% HELP
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Concentrate on studies and just let romance come naturally
Reply 2
Thanks man, I will start working but what do you mean by let it happen? Sometimes I try to work but can't concentrate because all I do is think about her 😬
Original post by WassabeBOY
Hey so im in a huge dilemma, Im currently a first year student and im living in University halls. I have literally fallen madly in love with one of my rommates and i need to know what to do. But we get along so well, she has already asked me to live with her next year! I'm unsure if see has feelings for me but im too shy to make a move. Also i'm kind of failing my course and have no idea what to do about it plus having this feeling on my mind is making me not focused on work. I was a straight A student but now i came out of my first test with 23% HELP

Rather than failing because of romantic feelings, use it to your advantage to study harder and come out with smashing grades. Girls are attracted to smart men.

Just think that at the end of the day your hard work will get you to a high paying job and then you will be getting the girls you want.
Thanks man, I will start working but what do you mean by let it happen? Sometimes I try to work but can't concentrate because all I do is think about her 😬

Tell her or get physical with her. Have sex with her. Study together. There's so many solutions to this but blaming her for your poor grades is not one of them.
Tell her, have a relationship and then work hard so she can have a boyfriend to be proud of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It's surprisingly easy to mess up your life, at least temporarily, over unreqruited love. And of course in hindsight it's a completely futile thing to do. The girl finds someone else and you are left with nothing to show for the angst. There are always other good opportunities and success in your studies affects your chances with these to.

I would weigh up your chances of starting a relationship and if it might be on the cards ask her out. If your instinct is that it's not on or you end up friendzoned in my experience is it is best to distance yourself as much as practically possible. Put the angst energy in to work and in to finding someone else instead. Fine to be friends - when you have someone else.

Of course all of this is easy to say but harder to do, but undoubtedly you have to manage difficult situations like this. Good luck.
Original post by Zarek
It's surprisingly easy to mess up your life, at least temporarily, over unreqruited love. And of course in hindsight it's a completely futile thing to do. The girl finds someone else and you are left with nothing to show for the angst. There are always other good opportunities and success in your studies affects your chances with these to.

I would weigh up your chances of starting a relationship and if it might be on the cards ask her out. If your instinct is that it's not on or you end up friendzoned in my experience is it is best to distance yourself as much as practically possible. Put the angst energy in to work and in to finding someone else instead. Fine to be friends - when you have someone else.

Of course all of this is easy to say but harder to do, but undoubtedly you have to manage difficult situations like this. Good luck.

My heart stopped completely when I read "It's surpising easy to mess up your life...over unrequited love". Thank you. I really needed that. Somehow I feel all my desires vanishing a bit. Really need to focus on my IBs which is my number 1 goal.
Original post by AleeshaTessarinaFrankel
My heart stopped completely when I read "It's surpising easy to mess up your life...over unrequited love". Thank you. I really needed that. Somehow I feel all my desires vanishing a bit. Really need to focus on my IBs which is my number 1 goal.

I think it's an essential life lesson. Accept it and mess up your life. It'll help you not mess up later.
Reply 9
Thanks so much for all the comments they have greatly helped. I'm now back on track with all my work and her best friend says she has feelings for me too, now i just need to know what the best way to approach the situation is...
Thanks so much for all the comments they have greatly helped. I'm now back on track with all my work and her best friend says she has feelings for me too, now i just need to know what the best way to approach the situation is...

Study together! Then you can get to know each other + pull up your grades :P
Original post by AleeshaTessarinaFrankel
Study together! Then you can get to know each other + pull up your grades :P

This is the perfect answer. You should pull each other up with your studies and support each other. Don't let a crush, or even a relationship, be the reason you fail uni. Uni costs you far too much money now days to not succeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending