Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I can do about this.

    I don't live with my parents and haven't done for a year now, me and my partner support ourselves and we get no help from my parents or his parents.

    I'm applying for a nursing degree so I'll be applying for the bursary and student finance, the only problem I'm finding is the forms for finances. I don't class myself as a dependent, I support myself financially but I obviously haven't lived separately for over 3 years. I don't want it going on my parents income, they earn a lot more than my partner and me combined so I'll hardly get any financial help if I say I'm dependent and I won't be able to support my household.

    Is there anything I can do or should i just wait a couple of years?
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    It's 3 years i'm afraid, unless:
    - you're over 25 before the start of the academic year
    - married before the start of the academic year
    - responisble for a child
    - estranged from your parents
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.