Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can i please get help in writing long answers to 20 marks questions and other long answer questions. plus can u please add me to the group chat. im from srilanka and my phone number is 0774321133
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by yoshitha)
    can i please get help in writing long answers to 20 marks questions and other long answer questions. plus can u please add me to the group chat. im from srilanka and my phone number is 0774321133
    I wrote a post on this before which I'll paste in here but it was for a standard A-Level, rather than an IAL which I noticed you're on and may be marked a little differently. Still, the same principles should apply.

You essentially have 14 marks allocated for KAA and 6 marks for Evaluation.

You should aim for three points following a typical PEE structure (Define what something is, Apply in context of the question and Analyse the effects it has - remember to keep it relevant to the question. If the question is about a hotel for example, make sure the analysis talks about the effect on the hotel).

The simplest way to pick up evaluation marks is to give the other side of the argument after each point. Otherwise, if that didn't fit we always used the standard evaluation points like "Depends on the magnitude", "depends on the time" etc.

Finally, finish with a conclusion and remember to take both sides of the argument. The highest marks are awarded for "nuanced and balanced comparisons, judgements or conclusions".

So in other words, try and go for something like:

Point 1, "however...", Point 2, "yet...", Point 3, "on the other hand...", Conclusion

It's ok if one of the points doesn't have an evaluation but you'll need to ensure that the other evaluation points are stronger (i.e. you'll need to go for 2 x 3 marks rather than 3 x 2 marks in terms of evaluation).

And of course, standard econ answer of spamming graphs to pick up quick and easy marks.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.