Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So I've been on the PO pill for nearly two years now (started on Cerelle, went on cerazette about February). Since going onto cerazette I've had no problems and it's working really well for me. HOWEVER I'm kinda sick of having to take a pill every day (although I am really good and rarely forget to take it).
    I don't really want the implant because I have a weird thing about my arms and hate them being touched- getting the implant put in isn't a problem but it's the taking it out i don't like. Plus, I'd rather have a coil because I have 4 years left at uni so I'd rather have something that lasts 7 years as a pose to three.
    The thing that worries me about the coil is the pain of having it put in because I haven't had a baby. Has anyone had one? How did you find it?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Louiseee_)
    So I've been on the PO pill for nearly two years now (started on Cerelle, went on cerazette about February). Since going onto cerazette I've had no problems and it's working really well for me. HOWEVER I'm kinda sick of having to take a pill every day (although I am really good and rarely forget to take it).
    I don't really want the implant because I have a weird thing about my arms and hate them being touched- getting the implant put in isn't a problem but it's the taking it out i don't like. Plus, I'd rather have a coil because I have 4 years left at uni so I'd rather have something that lasts 7 years as a pose to three.
    The thing that worries me about the coil is the pain of having it put in because I haven't had a baby. Has anyone had one? How did you find it?
    The pain varies, so it's difficult to say how bad it will be. They do advise taking ibuprofen before insertion, and some places will give you a local anesthetic if you're worried. It's also a good idea to not plan anything particularly strenuous for the same day, which can mean taking the day off work if necessary.

I found mine wasn't too bad. I had stomach cramps, which didn't go completely with painkillers. I had my coil in the morning, and they lasted all day - then the next day I woke up and was fine.

Different places will use different kinds of coils. The one I have lasts 5 years. So if you're picking this just because you think it will last a certain length of time you need to check whether the one they use actually will last that long.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.