Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am doing my driving test in Sidcup and was wondering how they do the bay parking in Sidcup - it seems difficult but not too sure. As there seems to be hardly any space at the centre. Please explain in as much detail possible.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    My instructor told me u r lucky if they ask you to do park in the bay in the test centre but it doesn't happen that often. He thinks it's the easiest task- personally I don't think so. )))) They would ask you to park in any free bay, usually there are 3 empty bays on the left side and 3 on the right (in front of the entrance of the centre) if you car face the wall. My instructor told me to take one which is closest to my side-3 on the left. Usually these spaces are empty- they r busy before test slots. But I've heard they can ask you to do bay parking at the end of the test as well. I took test twice there and has not been asked to do park bay and have not seen anyone doing it. Also I have been told me that bays are perfectly aligned with ones which are in front of you. So when u r not sure if you are in the bay- check bay in front you-straighten your position according this bay and reverse back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pplusp)
    My instructor told me u r lucky if they ask you to do park in the bay in the test centre but it doesn't happen that often. He thinks it's the easiest task- personally I don't think so. )))) They would ask you to park in any free bay, usually there are 3 empty bays on the left side and 3 on the right (in front of the entrance of the centre) if you car face the wall. My instructor told me to take one which is closest to my side-3 on the left. Usually these spaces are empty- they r busy before test slots. But I've heard they can ask you to do bay parking at the end of the test as well. I took test twice there and has not been asked to do park bay and have not seen anyone doing it. Also I have been told me that bays are perfectly aligned with ones which are in front of you. So when u r not sure if you are in the bay- check bay in front you-straighten your position according this bay and reverse back.

Thank you so much!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.