The Student Room Group

How to tell if a guy likes u?

Any suggestions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Any suggestions

Well I'm hopeless romantic and if he is...

1) he'll respect you how you are
2) he'll try to get you to hang out with you
3) he'll want to talk a lot/as much as possible without it being weird
4) he'll want to take you somewhere and you're like why?? and you will never get a full answer and he'll ask you out :tongue:
5) he'll treat you like a queen/king whatever gender you are if your that special to him
6) he'll have big eyes when looking at you (thats the love eye)
7) he'll always look in your eyes

PS. NEVER ruin his plans or give away you know :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ckfeister
Well I'm hopeless romantic and if he is...

1) he'll respect you how you are
2) he'll try to get you to hang out with you
3) he'll want to talk a lot/as much as possible without it being weird
4) he'll want to take you somewhere and you're like why?? and you will never get a full answer and he'll ask you out :tongue:
5) he'll treat you like a queen/king whatever gender you are if your that special to him
6) he'll have big eyes when looking at you (thats the love eye)
7) he'll always look in your eyes

PS. NEVER ruin his plans or give away you know :wink:

(awkward laugh) One of my friends kind of gave it away that I like him:redface:
Talk to him.
Its nerve wracking as a guy who likes girl and doesnt know if it is reciprocated, so a bit of input from you might help things along.
(awkward laugh) One of my friends kind of gave it away that I like him:redface:

Oh god.
Well, how does he act around you? Be honest not what your mind thinks inside, sometimes I get the two mixed.
Oh god.
Well, how does he act around you? Be honest not what your mind thinks inside, sometimes I get the two mixed.

Well, for starters he just stared at me in class, after she told him, and he did not say word to me. I may have made it bait so thats why he asked my friend. But he told one of his friends who tried to link me with another boy that he liked me and he just ran past me when he said that.

Does this mean anything?
Well, for starters he just stared at me in class, after she told him, and he did not say word to me. I may have made it bait so thats why he asked my friend. But he told one of his friends who tried to link me with another boy that he liked me and he just ran past me when he said that.

Does this mean anything?

They might be trying to whin him up, don't try to talk to him but just walk and act normal if he goes near you and talk... talk if he doesn't than that means his trying to be nice.
Original post by an_atheist
Talk to him.
Its nerve wracking as a guy who likes girl and doesnt know if it is reciprocated, so a bit of input from you might help things along.

I would but whenever i try to I get shy and so i cant, i just dont understand why we girls have to be the first one to say things, like why cant guys say anything?
'Hey, wanna hang out some time? Probably to watch a film this weekend?'
'Yeah, sure - that would be alright'
Have a cheeky Nando's with some flirting and boom, you'll know he likes you
I would but whenever i try to I get shy and so i cant, i just dont understand why we girls have to be the first one to say things, like why cant guys say anything?

Because we run the risk of looking like creeps if its not reciprocated, because the inherent vulnerability in talking about this stuff is viewed as a weakness by society, because of a very real risk of people (either you and your friends if you're not interested, or his friends or strangers) laughing at you because of it. There are probably quite a few other reasons, but those are the ones I can think of off the to of my head.
They might be trying to whin him up, don't try to talk to him but just walk and act normal if he goes near you and talk... talk if he doesn't than that means his trying to be nice.

I have done that, but i told my friend to tell him that i like someone else, cause i thought he didnt like me. But then i found out that his friend liked me, so could this be the reason he didnt really talk to me, cause he didnt want to stand in his friends way.
Because we run the risk of looking like creeps if its not reciprocated, because the inherent vulnerability in talking about this stuff is viewed as a weakness by society, because of a very real risk of people (either you and your friends if you're not interested, or his friends or strangers) laughing at you because of it. There are probably quite a few other reasons, but those are the ones I can think of off the to of my head.

You make a really good point, but then in this way none of us will be able to tell each other anything, unless of course i try and talk to him, which i have done in a friendly type of way, as me and him used to be really close friends, but now we have grown apart, and so when i do try and talk to him, he he answers but he is not the same person anymore, if u get what i mean.
Any suggestions

If he comes to talk to you, for no reason, that's a sure sign! x
You make a really good point, but then in this way none of us will be able to tell each other anything, unless of course i try and talk to him, which i have done in a friendly type of way, as me and him used to be really close friends, but now we have grown apart, and so when i do try and talk to him, he he answers but he is not the same person anymore, if u get what i mean.

The same stigmas dont apply to girls, so it is easier for them to tell a guy how they feel than for the reverse to occur, in terms of available reprisals.

Get to know him again. Do you see each other alone, or in groups, or not at all?
Original post by john2054
If he comes to talk to you, for no reason, that's a sure sign! x

yh, hes done that in one of my classes, he just sat there talking to me throughout most of the lesson, and it was so much fun, because me and him had so many similarities that we both realised and he was smiling and laughing quite a lot when we were talking.
The same stigmas dont apply to girls, so it is easier for them to tell a guy how they feel than for the reverse to occur, in terms of available reprisals.

Get to know him again. Do you see each other alone, or in groups, or not at all?

Before we used to just talk to each other casually and strike up a convo, and it was so much fun as i mentioned below in the comment, he was smiling at me and laughing, and this was him talking to me by himself. But now as soon as we are in sixth form, we have become disconnected, he has become isolated but i dont mind as if he really did like me, then he would come back if not then he wasnt really someone that i liked right?
Before we used to just talk to each other casually and strike up a convo, and it was so much fun as i mentioned below in the comment, he was smiling at me and laughing, and this was him talking to me by himself. But now as soon as we are in sixth form, we have become disconnected, he has become isolated but i dont mind as if he really did like me, then he would come back if not then he wasnt really someone that i liked right?

If he has become isolated then he might be having an issue with stress. The best thing you can do at this point is talk to him, about anything and everything. As for whether he was someone you liked, that's for you to decide/find out. He may very well like you but be discouraged by the fact that you dont seem to have tried to show him hat you were interested.
yh, hes done that in one of my classes, he just sat there talking to me throughout most of the lesson, and it was so much fun, because me and him had so many similarities that we both realised and he was smiling and laughing quite a lot when we were talking.

he clearly does like you, why don't you ask for his number then go for coffee together??
If he has become isolated then he might be having an issue with stress. The best thing you can do at this point is talk to him, about anything and everything. As for whether he was someone you liked, that's for you to decide/find out. He may very well like you but be discouraged by the fact that you dont seem to have tried to show him hat you were interested.

ur completely right, i agree with u , i mean sixth form is so hard, but to me it seems as if he is really happy when with his friends, but when hes by himself its as if he is in his own world. im telling u a levels is the worse it can give a lot of people stress, maybe i should just try and help him with work ,it might make him feel better. What do u think, should I?
Original post by john2054
he clearly does like you, why don't you ask for his number then go for coffee together??

That was before, now he is completely isolated from me due to stress of exams, so idk i can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending