Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Stash" is the reason many people live - I wear my boatie hoodie quite often

ReputationRep:
    why would you WANT to wear that?
    Surely you've gotta live up the college lifestyle a bit while you're there, Chewwy. (and that means wearing the t-shirts and college hats at all times)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demoskratos7)
    Surely you've gotta live up the college lifestyle a bit while your there, Chewwy. (and that means wearing the t-shirts and college hats at all times)
    I'm thinking of buying a Cambridge hoodie, simply because I know how cold Cambridge can be, and I'll need all the layers I can get. *shivers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I'm thinking of buying a Cambridge hoodie, simply because I know how cold Cambridge can be, and I'll need all the layers I can get. *shivers*
    Good idea. And remember the college scarf too!

ReputationRep:
    I've seen plenty of people wearing college stash, but not many wearing uni stuff. College scarves are reasonably popular too.

People wearing college boatie stash seem to think they're the coolest people ever.

Which reminds me, I need to wear some of my theatre stuff a bit more, I can't pay £12+ per item and not wear it after the after-show party, can I?

ReputationRep:
    Surely you've gotta live up the college lifestyle a bit while your there, Chewwy. (and that means wearing the t-shirts and college hats at all times)
    no. we had hoodies when we left school. i think mine is quite cool, but i've been permanently put off the idea of ever wearing casual clothing that associates you some kind of institution or club by the stupid girls at my school who now wear their leavers' hoodies every day.

i know you went to school with me, stop wearing it. it is unflattering. if it was a leavers bikini, things would be different, but it isn't.

and besides, the only reason i think my hoody is cool is because i can wear it around people who DON'T know my school. surely that's the only point to them, and one not really applicable at cambridge.

whoa, rant..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I've seen plenty of people wearing college stash, but not many wearing uni stuff. College scarves are reasonably popular too.

People wearing college boatie stash seem to think they're the coolest people ever.

Which reminds me, I need to wear some of my theatre stuff a bit more, I can't pay £12+ per item and not wear it after the after-show party, can I?

Maybe Robinson boaties aren't very nice people

ReputationRep:
    Your success at Cambridge is measured by the amount of college stash you manage to collect. The greater the number of sources, the better person you are.
    I only have boatie and JCR. FAILURE.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea. And remember the college scarf too!
    I may end up looking like a small, fat bumblebee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I may end up looking like a small, fat bumblebee.

Clareite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Clareite?
    Yeppers! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Your success at Cambridge is measured by the amount of college stash you manage to collect. The greater the number of sources, the better person you are.
    I only have boatie and JCR. FAILURE.
    Lol I'm failing miserably then- I only have a splashtop. I think I'm gonna work the bar next year though, so I can have a bar hoodie- they usually have some kind of rip off of Sainsbury's, this year it was royal blue with orange writing, and 'Sidney Bar, Making Life Taste Better' on the back.

I dunno if I qualify to even wear my splashtop, I've not coxed for ages, but it was 70 quid so I'm bloody well going to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)

Maybe Robinson boaties aren't very nice people
    They're nice people, they just wear their boatie jackets to dinner as if they are trying to show off for being a boatie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    You forgot handcuffs :p:
    No I didn't, we've never owned or used handcuffs for anything. Everything else on that list has featured in my Cambridge life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Bloody hell, i have a lot to buy! I have a feeling i'm going to be running around Cambridge on the 29th like a headless chicken looking for lube and Parma Ham, so much hassle...
    You can buy both of those in Sainsburys, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    the repeat mispelling of 'of' infuriates me.
    It's not mis-spelling in this context- it's blueprint speak, which I put in as a little in-joke to myself. As in, "Crank casings, 4 off" and so on. :p:

Maybe that's because they are? :p: [says the guy with his splashtop on the back of his chair now...]

Depends what you have- I wear t-shirts all the time. I think about hlaf of my t-shirts are stash, either techie, theatre or boatie stash. I'm wearing a boatie t-shirt no, actually.

I may end up looking like a small, fat bumblebee. :frown:
    But you'll be warm and dry which is the main thing Our college hoodies are blue or maroon, anyway, so you wouldn't necessarily be too black-and-yellow.

I've never really seen any students I know wearing the Cambridge Uni hoodies- I think they're mainly for tourists. Students tend to wear college stash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    But you'll be warm and dry which is the main thing Our college hoodies are blue or maroon, anyway, so you wouldn't necessarily be too black-and-yellow.

I've never really seen any students I know wearing the Cambridge Uni hoodies- I think they're mainly for tourists. Students tend to wear college stash.
    Oh, that's good about the hoodies, maroon is much more my colour than black is. But I bet they won't have them in a small enough size... :p: Never mind, like you say, I'll be warm and dry.

ReputationRep:
    pleeease tell me the rooms come with pillows and duvets and that all we have to come with are pillow cases and duvet covers!
    oh and are we allowed mini-fridges, kettles etc in our rooms? i'm goin to kings if that makes a difference...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cooldudess)
    pleeease tell me the rooms come with pillows and duvets and that all we have to come with are pillow cases and duvet covers!
    Yeah, I'm gonna presume they don't expect you to take your bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudess)
    oh and are we allowed mini-fridges, kettles etc in our rooms? i'm goin to kings if that makes a difference...

I'm not too sure, the rooms at my college (Fitz) don't, there's a linen rental service where you pay for pillows/duvets for each term. It was in the pack of stuff i got last Thursday (along with a medical questionnaire, fee stuff and instructions on when to arrive etc), if you haven't received one yet then i'd assume it will be coming soon.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.