The Student Room Group

Masters in Chemical Engineering with Energy/Process/Environmental

I am persuing for a Masters in chemical engineering in UK. Which are the univerisites which are specialized for chemical engineering in the second tier of universities where more focus will be on students and research activity.
Original post by deviresh
I am persuing for a Masters in chemical engineering in UK. Which are the univerisites which are specialized for chemical engineering in the second tier of universities where more focus will be on students and research activity.

What do you mean by "second tier"?
Reply 2
Not top level universities like Oxford, Imperial and UCL..I am looking at Surrey, Bath, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham ,University Of Birmingham. Some of the universties are branded for subjects and focussed on the same.
Reply 3
Not top level universities like Oxford, Imperial and UCL..I am looking at Surrey, Bath, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham ,University Of Birmingham. Some of the universties are branded for subjects and focussed on the same.

"Branded for subjects"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Some university are famous for subjects although their rankings may be lower. Subject oriented and reserach focused on the subject

Some "top" universities are also very student focused, like Oxford and Cambridge, at least for undergrad.

Research isn't really that important, perhaps unless you want to go into research yourself.

There are quite a lot of universities that offer a masters degree in chemical engineering in the UK. I don't really think that anywhere is "branded" or "famous" for it. Look at the modules on offer at each course, and see which ones best suit your interests and career paths. See which universities have good links with the industries you want to work in.

If you are an international student, then I would also factor in the cost, too, and perhaps also where is better regarded in your home country.

Quick Reply

Latest