The Student Room Group

CIFAS

I've been blacklisted on Cifas as a first party fraudster, does anyone know a way around this as I didn't do anything wrong - it was all a misunderstanding I had with someone. But for some reason, Cifas won't listen to me and they have rejected to remove my name. Barclays is in control of whether Cifas can remove my name or not. Please help because I cant open a bank account (Barclays closed my old account)...

Scroll to see replies

has this issue been solved now
Reply 2
Yes
I am currently having the same issue, I think i got CIFAS as well and i want to go to uni, how did you work everything out. i am very worried, i would really appreicate your help
Reply 4
Basically, call cifas and ask for a subject access request form (this is basically a form with all your information on it and why they have put a marker on your file) i think it costs like £10 to get the info. Anyway once you order this they will send it to you and you can then complain to them and basically prove to them your wrong. Call them before you do all this so they can explain your best way of sorting this out and if its even worth get a SAR form or not. Call them first.
okay and who do you call exactly like what number. I got the form and have signed it but not sent it yet. i have been refused a current account by natwest and hsbc and rejected a basic account with metro, i am very worried right now

is it possible if you can contact me some other way maybe calling or facebook i am in desperate neeed i would really appreciate it if i can speak to you;
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Okay will call you but am a bit busy tonight. Is it okay if i call you tomorrow.
yeah thats perfectly okay. would really appreciate that help
Original post by abrahimsyal
yeah thats perfectly okay. would really appreciate that help

did you manage to sort it out, im in the same situation? x
No im just waiting on cifas situation, if you want any help with it send a text to me on the above number
Reply 10
Yooo I'm in the same situation aswell but the thing is I'm going into my 3rd year, my account with lloyds was blocked in February, they were sending me letters saying it was going to be shut down my April but it's still open but can't use it, I got payed my last instalment in April for this year but I'm scared that they Student finance won't fund my tuition fees for the next coming year....I need help bad man, please get back to me
Reply 11
Original post by Jabz95
Yooo I'm in the same situation aswell but the thing is I'm going into my 3rd year, my account with lloyds was blocked in February, they were sending me letters saying it was going to be shut down my April but it's still open but can't use it, I got payed my last instalment in April for this year but I'm scared that they Student finance won't fund my tuition fees for the next coming year....I need help bad man, please get back to me

Student finance doesn't check your credit rating, so you'll still be eligible for a student loan. But you can only get paid if you have a bank account to receive the loan into.
Reply 12
I have a cifas marker bro...
Original post by Jabz95
I have a cifas marker bro...

How did you end up with a CIFAS marker?
Reply 14
Man I let my mate use my account for couple transaction one was dodgy, the guy didn't receive what he purchased but my mate gave me the money to pay the guy back, I kept the receipt and took it into lloyds but they still didn't remove the block so now I'm stuck with this marker and I'm just worried that I won't get my fees I'm not really bothered about the loans jjsh the tuition fees...
Reply 15
Man I let my mate use my account for couple transaction one was dodgy, the guy didn't receive what he purchased but my mate gave me the money to pay the guy back, I kept the receipt and took it into lloyds but they still didn't remove the block so now I'm stuck with this marker and I'm just worried that I won't get my fees I'm not really bothered about the loans jjsh the tuition fees...
Original post by Jabz95

Oh dear.

Don't worry about receiving the SFE funding - it's not dependent on information recorded at credit reference agencies, so you should be fine. Maybe post in Student Financial Support to ask SFE directly.
Reply 17
Mate I swear I feel like kissing you right now, thanks so much...I don't really want to do that because if I speak to them and tell them I have a marker or my situation it might cause unnecessary agro but thanks for the info it said that cifas are registered with SLC but because I've received funding after the incident happened and that I'm in my final year thought it would be ok but still worried but that info did help thanks...is there anything else you think I should do just in case I get rejected? Thanks
Original post by Reality Check
Oh dear.

Don't worry about receiving the SFE funding - it's not dependent on information recorded at credit reference agencies, so you should be fine. Maybe post in Student Financial Support to ask SFE directly.

I'm got approved for 1st year with cifas marker only problem I'm having is my prepaid card can't take the amount I'll be getting paid for maintenance because it's going over the load limit for that card btw I'm with Pockit prepaid card
Original post by Jabz95
Mate I swear I feel like kissing you right now, thanks so much...I don't really want to do that because if I speak to them and tell them I have a marker or my situation it might cause unnecessary agro but thanks for the info it said that cifas are registered with SLC but because I've received funding after the incident happened and that I'm in my final year thought it would be ok but still worried but that info did help thanks...is there anything else you think I should do just in case I get rejected? Thanks

:lol: no problems. The worst I think that could happen is that your SFE application is manually reviewed because of the CIFAS flag, but it would be rejected solely on this basis. Just a note - if you reply to this, then click 'reply' before composing your post so I get a notification that you've replied, otherwise I don't know :smile:

Latest