The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am clicking reply mate, what do you mean solely rejected? ******** it bro sorry man lol 😭
Original post by Jabz95
I am clicking reply mate, what do you mean solely rejected? ******** it bro sorry man lol 😭

Intersting - it's not quoting me. Never mind.

When I say 'solely' I mean if your application was successful in all other areas, then the presence of a CIFAS marker wouldn't suddenly make it unsuccessful. In other words, don't worry about the CIFAS marker - it doesn't mean you can't apply for, be assessed for, and paid student funding :smile:
Reply 22
Open up a post office current account, they open accounts for people with out situation...there not registered under cifas so you should be ok...I need to do the same thing aswell haha
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I'm got approved for 1st year with cifas marker only problem I'm having is my prepaid card can't take the amount I'll be getting paid for maintenance because it's going over the load limit for that card btw I'm with Pockit prepaid card

Hi there, I'm currently in the same situation, I also let a friend of mine use my account for dodgy dealings, I now have a "misuse of facility" against my name, you said you received funding despite having a cifas marker, what fraud mark do you have? When did you receive it? Did you receive it before applying for student finance?
Original post by Shah_I9
Hi there, I'm currently in the same situation, I also let a friend of mine use my account for dodgy dealings, I now have a "misuse of facility" against my name, you said you received funding despite having a cifas marker, what fraud mark do you have? When did you receive it? Did you receive it before applying for student finance?

I've got the same, I haven't got any money yet because the school year hasn't started currently in college but I've been approved by slc got the letter and everything saying they approved it and shows the days they will pay into my account
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
I've got the same, I haven't got any money yet because the school year hasn't started currently in college but I've been approved by slc got the letter and everything saying they approved it and shows the days they will pay into my account

Oh that's great news, I guess the purpose of SLC for joining CIFAS is so they identify fraudulent applications, not reject people if they've done something stupid. BTW If you don't mind, do you mind telling me how you got the fraud mark, have you got "Misuse of Facility"? When did you first receive the fraud mark? What bank / prepaid card are you using?
Reply 26
sdg
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 27
I am currently having the same problem. I think i have a cifas marker. I rarely use my bank account havent used it since march. I am on holiday right now and have found out that Barclays are closing my bank account. I received the letter just before i went on holiday and it was after they closed my account. I wasnt told anything beforehand about my account and have been denied lloyds and santander. Can you help me remove the cifas marker.
Reply 28
Original post by Svlomo
I am currently having the same problem. I think i have a cifas marker. I rarely use my bank account havent used it since march. I am on holiday right now and have found out that Barclays are closing my bank account. I received the letter just before i went on holiday and it was after they closed my account. I wasnt told anything beforehand about my account and have been denied lloyds and santander. Can you help me remove the cifas marker.

You can't remove it. If you have one, you probably deserve it.
Reply 29
Original post by IWMTom
You can't remove it. If you have one, you probably deserve it.

It was while i was on holiday it couldnt of been me
Reply 30
Original post by Svlomo
It was while i was on holiday it couldnt of been me

What type of marker is it?
Original post by 2235845
Yes

were you able to open a bank account anywhere?
Original post by Jabz95
Open up a post office current account, they open accounts for people with out situation...there not registered under cifas so you should be ok...I need to do the same thing aswell haha

hi bro , im in the same situation you was in regarding cifas and marker. wondering what did you do and is there a current account I can open because everywhere is rejecting me. let me know asap or contact me
Original post by Jabz95

Are you sure you can open one with the post office, I believe Royal Mail are part of it
Original post by Jabz95
Mate I swear I feel like kissing you right now, thanks so much...I don't really want to do that because if I speak to them and tell them I have a marker or my situation it might cause unnecessary agro but thanks for the info it said that cifas are registered with SLC but because I've received funding after the incident happened and that I'm in my final year thought it would be ok but still worried but that info did help thanks...is there anything else you think I should do just in case I get rejected? Thanks

Yoooooo in this same situation but who can i open a bank with so my loan will still go into it?
Anyone got a bank they have opened with than, with the CIFAS marker
Reply 36
Try an app called Monese or Monzo, they are not registered under Cifas
how did you go about that? i'm in the same situation and i have a pockit prepaid card. What did you do?
Hey I’m in this same situation please could
You help?
Reply 39
Original post by angel001
Hey I’m in this same situation please could
You help?
just download an app called Monese and go through the procedures they will send you a card

Latest

Trending

Trending