Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed there wasn't a discussion on this yet and thought I could start one!?
    So I guess if people want to post:

Course applied for:
    GCSE Grades:
    AS Grades (If you did AS):
    A2 Predictions:
    Unconditional??:
    Where else you applied:
    What they're looking forward to!

I guess I can start??
    Course: Biomedical Science
    GCSEs: 9 A*'s 3 A's
    AS: C in Eng Lit
    A2 Predictions: AAA in Bio, Chem and Hist
    Unconditional: Yes!
    Sheffield, Warwick, Durham and Lancaster
    Looking forward to the atmosphere at Keele, it seemed so lovely and everyone I've spoken to has been so positive. Can't wait for the next 9 months to pass aha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmab13)
    Just noticed there wasn't a discussion on this yet and thought I could start one!?
    So I guess if people want to post:

Course applied for:
    GCSE Grades:
    AS Grades (If you did AS):
    A2 Predictions:
    Unconditional??:
    Where else you applied:
    What they're looking forward to!

I guess I can start??
    Course: Biomedical Science
    GCSEs: 9 A*'s 3 A's
    AS: C in Eng Lit
    A2 Predictions: AAA in Bio, Chem and Hist
    Unconditional: Yes!
    Sheffield, Warwick, Durham and Lancaster
    Looking forward to the atmosphere at Keele, it seemed so lovely and everyone I've spoken to has been so positive. Can't wait for the next 9 months to pass aha!
    Hey well done on your offer I applied for biomedical science at keele too😊 I havent got an offer from keele yet but if you dont mind me asking when did you apply and receive your offer?? I cant wait to hear back from them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WISELEARNER98)
    Hey well done on your offer I applied for biomedical science at keele too😊 I havent got an offer from keele yet but if you dont mind me asking when did you apply and receive your offer?? I cant wait to hear back from them!
    Hiya, oh thats great! Is it one of your top choices?? I don't mind at all aha I sent my UCAS off on the Friday 7th Oct and I heard back from Keele on Thurs 20th Oct. So about 2 weeks! Have you sent your UCAS yet/how long have you been waiting?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, oh thats great! Is it one of your top choices?? I don't mind at all aha I sent my UCAS off on the Friday 7th Oct and I heard back from Keele on Thurs 20th Oct. So about 2 weeks! Have you sent your UCAS yet/how long have you been waiting?
    Whoa! I sent it on the same day! Im still waiting and yeah I really love it there the campus is beautiful! I guess I just have to be patient and wait😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WISELEARNER98)
    Whoa! I sent it on the same day! Im still waiting and yeah I really love it there the campus is beautiful! I guess I just have to be patient and wait😰
    Awh sucks you're still waiting I'm sure it won't be too long! What are your predicteds? I think I'm just really lucky and unusual to get 4/5 offers so fast!
    I know what you mean about the campus, and I was lucky to go on an open day that was really warm and sunny so I could appreciate it all aha!

ReputationRep:
    Awh sucks you're still waiting I'm sure it won't be too long! What are your predicteds? I think I'm just really lucky and unusual to get 4/5 offers so fast!
    I know what you mean about the campus, and I was lucky to go on an open day that was really warm and sunny so I could appreciate it all aha!
    Im predicted A in Bio and Chem and a B in Sociology

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Keele for Pharmacy. Still haven't heard back from them yet. :/

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biology and Psychology joint honours
    GCSEs: 1A, 6Bs, 2Cs (and an F in art lol)
    AS: B in geography was the only one that counted but im resitting one of my papers. Got a C (1 mark off a B) in AS history but dropped it
    A2 Predictions: AAB in Psychology, Geography and Biology
    Unconditional: No, conditional but did get offer lowered from ABB to ABC/BBB
    Also applied to Liverpool, Heriot Watt, Manchester Metropolitan, and Sheffield, still waiting to hear back from Sheffield.

Don't know whether to make Keele my firm or insurance not sure but the campus does look very nice and would be looking forward to meet people with the same interests
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Course: Computer Science with International Year
    Unconditional? No, received a conditional offer which is an A-level offer of BBC eventhough I do BTEC, so I'm slightly confused. Took them 3 weeks nearly a month to respond.
    Applied to: Kent, Leicester, Brunel & Nottingham Trent

Cannot decide between Kent or Keele tbh 😭

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Course applied for: American Studies and English
    GCSE Grades: 4 A's, 1 B, 4 C's
    A2 Predictions: BBB
    Unconditional??: No
    Where else you applied: Leicester, Swansea, Portsmouth and Hull
    What they're looking forward to! My friend already goes to Keele and she absolutely loves it. It was by far my favourite out of all the Uni's I have looked at so I'm so happy I got an offer! My department seemed great and I'm seriously considering putting it as my firm choice!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi all! If you have any questions about your courses, or about living or studying at Keele, we have a small team of advisors who are on hand to help. So ask away! If we don't know the answer, we'll know someone who will, and we'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Good luck with your applications and we hope to welcome you to Keele next year

Sam - Digital Team

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Psychology and neuroscience, Keele is the main one I am hoping to get. Still haven't heard back but in the mean time I have 3/5 offers. Just waiting on Essexs and Keele. Congrats on your unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm applying for Biology and Geography Dual Honours. I've just sent my application off, so fingers crossed I get an offer from Keele, its my main choice, waiting two weeks seems so long! Congrats on the unconditional btw!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Finance and History
    GCSEs: 5As, 5Bs, 2Ds
    AS: CCD, they're all modular so doesn't matter
    A2 Predictions: BBB
    Unconditional: No, but reduced offer from BBB-BCC
    Southampton (c. offer), Manchester (c. offer), Bouremouth (?) and London Met (?)
    My personal statement must be bomb

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional offer for single-honours Neuroscience at Keele! Think it's my number one choice as well

ReputationRep:
    Course applied for: Media, Communications and Culture/History and MCC
    GCSE Grades: 9Bs, 3Cs
    AS Grades (If you did AS): E, D, D, C
    A2 Predictions: BCC
    Unconditional??: No, but lowered to CCC for single hons MCC
    Where else you applied: Lancaster, Leicester, UEA
    What they're looking forward to: being at Keele - top choice so ecstatic about a MCC offer.

Thinking my personal statement and reference swung it as there was no way I'd get in on grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniexemi)
    I've got an unconditional offer for single-honours Neuroscience at Keele! Think it's my number one choice as well
    Snap!

ReputationRep:
    Course applied for: LLB Law with politics
    GCSE Grades: 4A*s 4As 3Bs and 1C
    AS Grades (If you did AS):AAB
    A2 Predictions: AAB
    Unconditional??:YESSSSS
    Where else you applied:Leeds, Lancaster, Liverpool and Surrey
    What they're looking forward to! University life as a whole! Looking forward to meeting new people, growing as a person, becoming more independent and of course getting one step closer to my aspirations!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I sent off my ucas application last Thursday and I was wondering how long it takes for Keele to reply. They are probably going to be my first or insurance choice and I really want an offer from them!
    Predicted grades: ABC
    Offer: waiting!!
    I applied for Politics if you were wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    Hi I sent off my ucas application last Thursday and I was wondering how long it takes for Keele to reply. They are probably going to be my first or insurance choice and I really want an offer from them!
    Predicted grades: ABC
    Offer: waiting!!
    I applied for Politics if you were wondering.
    They got back to me in a week for my course with an offer. Hope this helps!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.