• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I have to admit, I started a couple of weeks ago. Some people think that's bad, but my mum starts in January! I still have quite a few difficult ones to sort out though. Have you started yet? If not, when will you?

ReputationRep:
    Last minute.

ReputationRep:
    I started in September and finished last week I had to start early so I had more money to put towards my wedding in July. If I see any bits and bobs though I'll still get them in for my family but my main Christmas pressies for them are all bought and wrapped now
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    24th December lmfao, #nochill

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do it in a few days! Can't wait
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Never :sneakydevil:

ReputationRep:
    on boxing day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    everyday of the year, yas i am swimming

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    I aim for a couple of weeks before christmas, anything to avoid the rush
    can't believe some people actually leave it last minute.
    i find it annoying, can't tolerate the rush. even my food shopping is done a week before

ReputationRep:
    A day before the 25th :lol:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I m going to do it all online at the beginning of December I think,won't have the time to go sort it in person.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Well, I ****ing hate looking for presents. Not because I don't like giving them, but because I find it impossible to find something that my family like...

Both my parents' birthdays are at the beginning of November, so I have their birthday presents done now, but definitely not their xmas presents, because I just have no clue what to get them... this cooling off period will go to about the 15/16th of December, where I will realise what a **** son I am, and need to sort something out, where I'll then have a mass panic and spend hours online looking for crap which they may appreciate - often it's something edible or find something you like and I'll pay for it...

Then I realise that my two sisters and brother ought to have something. Usually I'll say to my parents: "Do you have something I can give my brother?", where they'll whip something out and I'll be saved. With my sisters... well... the thing I got one sister last year wasn't actually used until about a month ago, so that's left me with lots of inspiration of what to find this year... Not. I will probably end up getting them each a bundle of small things which hopefully they'll like, and will probably find all that when I get home the last week before christmas...

Then, on the 27th December, I realise that this total shabazzle is going to happen all over again, as well as having to get birthday presents, and I just sigh, and hope that christmas and birthdays stop happening by that time so I don't have to go through it all again.

Whoever said present shopping is fun - should be shot.

ReputationRep:
    I start thinking of gift ideas from Sept usually, then order/pick things up when I see them. I don't properly start ordering things etc until I'm done with uni like early Dec.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.