Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone currently on a gap year? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year and I have some exams to resit next summer. I've also been applying for lots of jobs, it is so difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year too! Just keeping applying, I'm sure you'll get a job soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmaaa0853)
    I'm on a gap year too! Just keeping applying, I'm sure you'll get a job soon
    Thank you What are you currently doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonest)
    Thank you What are you currently doing?
    Volunteering once a week and a part time college course!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year and I have some exams to resit next summer. I've also been applying for lots of jobs, it is so difficult.
    I'm on a few gap years truth be told :rofl:
    Somehow holding down two jobs aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmaaa0853)
    Volunteering once a week and a part time college course!
    Wow that's good 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead;[url="tel:68344112")
    68344112[/url]]I'm on a few gap years truth be told :rofl:
    Somehow holding down two jobs aswell
    Same I might have more than one gap year. Looking for a job is such a struggle 😪

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year,cause I didn't do my adjustment clearing on time,and the uni was in london and I wanted it to be out of london so I can gain more confidence and other skills.Yeah jobs are difficult,somehow though for me I'm a nursery assistant but the pay is bad for the amount of hours I work.Fortunately though an teaching assistant agency has said they will be glad If I worked with them so that's the plan plus I will earn about £350 a week.So by the time I start uni next year,I would save off from a lot of debt(i'm also entitled to an academic excellence scholarship).I think if you try the early education sector to see weather they are part time vacancies;hopefully this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Same I might have more than one gap year. Looking for a job is such a struggle 😪
    I know it can be difficult, just try to get some voluntary experience in the area you're looking at getting into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ne1Aaron)
    I'm on a gap year,cause I didn't do my adjustment clearing on time,and the uni was in london and I wanted it to be out of london so I can gain more confidence and other skills.Yeah jobs are difficult,somehow though for me I'm a nursery assistant but the pay is bad for the amount of hours I work.Fortunately though an teaching assistant agency has said they will be glad If I worked with them so that's the plan plus I will earn about £350 a week.So by the time I start uni next year,I would save off from a lot of debt(i'm also entitled to an academic excellence scholarship).I think if you try the early education sector to see weather they are part time vacancies;hopefully this helps.
    I did my year 10 work experience at a nursery and I did not like it. I'm just not very good with kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I know it can be difficult, just try to get some voluntary experience in the area you're looking at getting into
    I will soon start a voluntary work at a hospital. But I am also thinking of doing some voluntary at charity shops as well.

ReputationRep:
    I will soon start a voluntary work at a hospital. But I am also thinking of doing some voluntary at charity shops as well.
    Why are you on one??

ReputationRep:
    Yup on gap year, so far done **** all.

But starting to slowly get my life together so it's all good :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year as I did really badly at AS, so my teachers wouldn't have been supportive of me applying to university. I got BCC this year at A level, and I'm predicted ABB for next year as I'm retaking A2 modules in 2017 (I personally think I could get AAB, but ABB was the best prediction I could get out of my old school). I'm also doing an AS in French and an IGCSE in English through distance learning, which I'm predicted B and A/A* in both respectively.
    I sent my application off on the 13th of October (I think), and so far I have a conditional offer from Aberystwyth (I was even sent a handwritten postcard from the scheme coordinator encouraging me to take the entrance scholarship exams) and I have an interview at Harper Adams on the 9th. Still waiting for replies from Bristol and RVC.
    I've got a Christmas job as an elf ^-^ and I also work occasionally at the riding school I go to.

ReputationRep:
    meeeee im resitting too

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of Christmas jobs, you still have time to apply. It's most likely temporary but you'll have something to add to your cv 😊 good luck!

I work at Next by the way, they're hiring a lot of Christmas temps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    There are a lot of Christmas jobs, you still have time to apply. It's most likely temporary but you'll have something to add to your cv 😊 good luck!

I work at Next by the way, they're hiring a lot of Christmas temps!
    next are so mean at christmas got hired twice for 2 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshany)
    next are so mean at christmas got hired twice for 2 days
    Wow, really? I thought it was for 2 weeks for the sale.

If you don't mind me asking, what store was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Wow, really? I thought it was for 2 weeks for the sale.

If you don't mind me asking, what store was it?
    Solihull touchwood haha thats why i gave up applying there and got a job at john lewis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshany)
    Solihull touchwood haha thats why i gave up applying there and got a job at john lewis
    Oh okay, I have a permanent contract with them (10.25 hours) but I usually do 14-16 hours.

At least you got a job in the end, that's the main thing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.