Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a question about Entry Requirements.
    You know how Uni courses have requirements such as e.g. 1st sitting - AABBB and 2nd sitting - AAAAB?
    I understand that 1st sitting results are what you got sitting a subject for the first time, and 2nd sitting is the second time you've sat a subject, but do you need to have sat a subject 5 times the first time, 5 times the second time?

I am explaining this terribly, but basically - I sat 4 Highers this year and got ABCC, and this year I am retaking 2, and doing two that I haven't done before. If I was to get all A's this year, I would have:
    1st sitting - ABAA(CC)
    2nd sitting - AA

Would my 1st & 2nd results add up, or would they be counted on their own?
    Like if the Uni course I want to apply for requires AAAAB at second sitting, but I'm only resitting two subjects, or I've only taken 4 this year and last - would I meet the requirements or would I not have enough results to do so?

Again, no idea how to explain what I'm trying to ask, but does a requirements of 5 (e.g.) results mean that I would have had to sit 5 subjects?
    Hope someone can help!!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.