Turn on thread page Beta

[15 WEEKS LEFT] 2016-17 Contract: What Are Your A-Level Goals? watch

ReputationRep:
    Last year, High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

I'm going to do a bunch of copy/pasting/tagging from the old thread now.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

This thread operates under the assumption that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
    roarchika: A*A*A*A*
    Toasticide: ABBC
    Jkoo22: A*A*A
    samantham999: A*AA + distinction
    Muttski: AAB
    gomc: A*A*A
    ImagineCats: ABB
    Hanaan999: A*A*A*
    Original_Chunky: A*A*B
    t.thompson22: A*AB
    dididid: A*A*A + 1,2 in STEP
    mathcon: A*A*A*A*
    CoolCavy: A*A*A
    asmuse123: A + D*
    jamestg: A*AA
    lemonandlime1: AAB
    AngelinAugustine: A*A*A*A*
    Kozmo: A*A*A*
    citibankrec: A*AA
    dragonzrmetal: A*A*A*A*A* + 1,1 in STEP + BMO1 qualification
    NMcG: A*AA
    JaredzzC: A*BB
    GamingandMaths: A*AB
    TheRealLifeBane: AABB
    MrsSheldonCooper: AB
    Gogregg: A*A*A (+ min. BB in GS/EPQ)
    Crammyandcrabby: AAA
    AfcFob: A*A*AB
    hellomynameisr: A*A*A*A
    rayestar: AAAAB
    Lauren-x-: A*A*AA
    7swi1911: AD*D*
    meowgoesthedog: A*A*A*A + 1, 1 in STEP
    ithinkitslily: AA
    xs4: A*A*D* + 1 in STEP + Gold in UKSMC
    jazz_xox_: AAA
    manlike99: A*A*A*
    ozmo19: A*A*A*A*
    PavB: A*AA
    Datalwo: A*AA
    Obiejess: A*A*A
    DarkEnergy: A*A*A*
    IRoranth: A*A*A
    Michael_Fishy: A*A*A*A + 33 in LNAT
    Ahad27: AAA
    wajeeh1364: A*AA
    Chiara27: ABBB
    sabruh: A*AB
    Glencocoisloco: A*A*A
    Aklaol: AAABB
    bboonnieee: AAA (AS) A*A*A (A2)
    Oragon: A*A*AA
    Samonia: AABBC
    pondsteps: A*A*A
    M0nkey Thunder: A*A*A
    drriversong: A*AA + A* in EPQ
    teacakeface: A*AA
    _elliedoran: AAA
    KingHenry: AAD*
    ConfusedSnowball: A*AAA + A in EPQ
    Echo00: AAA
    hurricaneellin: A*AB
    Peachy23: A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    Please feel free to introduce yourself and your subjects too!

I'm Chika, a Year 13 student doing Latin, History, Economics, and Japanese. I want straight A*s, and am willing to sacrifice any kind of social life in order to achieve them! I'm hoping to study Law at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I'm a year 13 student studying Maths, F.maths and Business studies. I am aiming for A*A*A respectively but I am predicted by teachers A*AA. I am also going to sit STEP 1 and possibly 2 which I'm aiming for a 1,2. I really want to study maths at warwick or st andrews.

(Original post by roarchika)
    Nobody was making a new thread for this year, so I hope it's okay that I'm going ahead. Last year, High Stakes's brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

There are 28 weeks left until May 14th, 2017. I believe that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
    We can do this!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dididid)
    Hi , I'm a year 13 student studying Maths, F.maths and Business studies. I am aiming for A*A*A respectively but I am predicted by teachers A*AA. I am also going to sit STEP 1 and possibly 2 which I'm aiming for a 1,2. I really want to study maths at warwick or st andrews.
    Entered! There's no turning back now, so work hard and get those grades!

(Original post by samantham999)
    We can do this!!!
    That we can!

ReputationRep:
    Y13 doing F.Maths, Maths, Economics, History - want A*A*A*A* roarchika

ReputationRep:
    Hello my real name is Louis, year 13, study A2 maths, chemistry and physics and AS further maths. aim to study maths at somewhere not too up top like oxford, more in the middle like keele, greenwich or portsmouth. So far so good, i expect to get the grades i want (as long as i put B for AS FM and C for physics and not the other way around, then im far behind ) A2 physics is HARD :P while AS FM i can easily get a B (not A though, i make too many silly mistakes)
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Forgot that other thread existed :moon:
    and hopefully A*AA or A*A*A but tbh would be happy with AAA

ReputationRep:
    Nobody was making a new thread for this year, so I hope it's okay that I'm going ahead. Last year, High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

There are 28 weeks left until May 14th, 2017. I believe that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
    dididid: A*A*A + 1,2 in STEP
    mathcon: A*A*A*A*
    A in AS Level Maths and D* in BTEC Subsidary in Engineering .
    Spoiler:
    Show

With only 3 exams, workshops, and counselling, I have no excuse to not get an A

ReputationRep:
    Mine last year was to get higher than my sister who got like 3 A*s and 1 A or something. Now I've given up on hope and would be happy with AB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    A in AS Level Maths and D* in BTEC Subsidary in Engineering .
    Spoiler:
    Show

With only 3 exams, workshops, and counselling, I have no excuse to not get an A
    You've been entered.

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Forgot that other thread existed :moon:
    and hopefully A*AA or A*A*A but tbh would be happy with AAA
    I know, right? I got tired of getting notifications from the old one from new people wanting to join and not being able to add them to the original post lol. I've put you down for A*A*A, since I know you're a brilliantly hard worker who's capable of it <3. Work hard (but perhaps more importantly work smart and efficiently) and let's do this!

(Original post by Toasticide)
    Hello my real name is Louis, year 13, study A2 maths, chemistry and physics and AS further maths. aim to study maths at somewhere not too up top like oxford, more in the middle like keele, greenwich or portsmouth. So far so good, i expect to get the grades i want (as long as i put B for AS FM and C for physics and not the other way around, then im far behind ) A2 physics is HARD :P while AS FM i can easily get a B (not A though, i make too many silly mistakes)
    I'm glad it's going well; keep it up!

(Original post by mathcon)
    Y13 doing F.Maths, Maths, Economics, History - want A*A*A*A* roarchika
    Added! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Mine last year was to get higher than my sister who got like 3 A*s and 1 A or something. Now I've given up on hope and would be happy with AB.
    Hey! Sorry, just to check - are you only doing two subjects this year? Could have sworn you mentioned AAB on the fastest/slowest offers thread, but my memory's a bit patchy....

ReputationRep:
    incredible how many A* students are on tsr

ReputationRep:
    A*AA for now

A*A*A if I get an offer from Cambridge (lol)

ReputationRep:
    Year 13
    AAB / ABB
    ICT, Biology, Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I've taken BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS
    I want A* A* A* A* what can I do to get these results any tips and advice would be grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 13, taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths. My goal is to achieve triple A*, so my final results should (if everything goals to plan, fingers crossed) look like A*A*A*a. With the A in Physics AS (achieved).
    Applied to Medicine so my offer will likely be A*A*A or A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    x
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    x
    (Original post by Kozmo)
    x
    You've all been added! Please work hard this year and achieve some wonderful grades!

(Original post by AngelinAugustine)
    I've taken BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND MATHS
    I want A* A* A* A* what can I do to get these results any tips and advice would be grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Added! I do straight humanities/languages, so I'm not sure how much help this will be, but I do about 2 hours of flashcards every day, which get updated as I take more notes etc. So I never really have an opportunity to forget things, after I learn them. And then when we come to February I'll start doing past exam questions in a really big way, to make sure my exam technique is perfect before the exam.

(Original post by dididid)
    incredible how many A* students are on tsr
    It really is! I feel like many people who aim for A*s are also aggressive worriers, which is how they all end up here (lol)

ReputationRep:
    A*AA/AAA

ReputationRep:
    It really is! I feel like many people who aim for A*s are also aggressive worriers, which is how they all end up here (lol)
    yep definitely me

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.