layout of English Literature Paper 1B gcse??? Watch

tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a practice paper of Pride and Prejudice which my school has made up tomorrow and I would like to know what the layout will be like. I know there's one question on an extract, and one of a character or theme... what is it precisely though?
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alextheowl)
I have a practice paper of Pride and Prejudice which my school has made up tomorrow and I would like to know what the layout will be like. I know there's one question on an extract, and one of a character or theme... what is it precisely though?
What exam board?
tonedown
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
What exam board?
AQA
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4390120
Posted from TSR Mobile
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AQA
Is that the new 9-1 spec?

You will be given one 30 mark question on the text, in which you will have to discuss how the writer portrays something, whether that be ideas about a concept, a theme, a character, a mood, etc. (from what I've seen) You will be given an extract, and you're asked to write a response in reference to that extract, and the text as a whole. You are asked to start with the extract. I hope this has helped a bit
PersonInProgress
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So with the new GCSE we would have one section on the 19th C. novel (in your case Pride and Prejudice where there would be an extract given and then part (a) would be a question about the character in reference to a theme in the book and in the extract and then part (b) would be linking it to the wider novel. It's the same for your Shakespeare play. So for me for Macbeth, we did a practise exam question and it was "(a) How does Macbeth show arrogance and power in this extract? (b) How does Macbeth show arrogance and power in the wider play?" When answering it don't do it in two parts per se as you would lose the fluidity of your answer. In each paragraph show links to the extract and the wider novel continuously to get high marks.

Hope this helps
tonedown
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Is that the new 9-1 spec?

You will be given one 30 mark question on the text, in which you will have to discuss how the writer portrays something, whether that be ideas about a concept, a theme, a character, a mood, etc. (from what I've seen) You will be given an extract, and you're asked to write a response in reference to that extract, and the text as a whole. You are asked to start with the extract. I hope this has helped a bit
Yes it's the new spec, and it did thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads