Turn on thread page Beta

layout of English Literature Paper 1B gcse??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a practice paper of Pride and Prejudice which my school has made up tomorrow and I would like to know what the layout will be like. I know there's one question on an extract, and one of a character or theme... what is it precisely though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alextheowl)
    I have a practice paper of Pride and Prejudice which my school has made up tomorrow and I would like to know what the layout will be like. I know there's one question on an extract, and one of a character or theme... what is it precisely though?
    What exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    What exam board?
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4390120
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Is that the new 9-1 spec?

You will be given one 30 mark question on the text, in which you will have to discuss how the writer portrays something, whether that be ideas about a concept, a theme, a character, a mood, etc. (from what I've seen) You will be given an extract, and you're asked to write a response in reference to that extract, and the text as a whole. You are asked to start with the extract. I hope this has helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    So with the new GCSE we would have one section on the 19th C. novel (in your case Pride and Prejudice where there would be an extract given and then part (a) would be a question about the character in reference to a theme in the book and in the extract and then part (b) would be linking it to the wider novel. It's the same for your Shakespeare play. So for me for Macbeth, we did a practise exam question and it was "(a) How does Macbeth show arrogance and power in this extract? (b) How does Macbeth show arrogance and power in the wider play?" When answering it don't do it in two parts per se as you would lose the fluidity of your answer. In each paragraph show links to the extract and the wider novel continuously to get high marks.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Is that the new 9-1 spec?

You will be given one 30 mark question on the text, in which you will have to discuss how the writer portrays something, whether that be ideas about a concept, a theme, a character, a mood, etc. (from what I've seen) You will be given an extract, and you're asked to write a response in reference to that extract, and the text as a whole. You are asked to start with the extract. I hope this has helped a bit
    Yes it's the new spec, and it did thank you

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.