(Original post by gohmasses)
    These are the pics.
    About as funny as cancer....

ReputationRep:
    fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gohmasses)
    is this a good joke or not?
    Well, I could either answer subjectively or objectively. But some of my objective points may not be impartial, as it would arrive from a subjective source, if not my method would not be impartial.

Anyway, I would say it's a bad joke because it's not really very humorous. What I can say is that the context does kind of work because most people can relate to what the joke actually is, though, it's not a good joke because it's not funny.

My definition of good also means a joke doesn't always have to be funny to be considered good. What this joke lacks is humour, and as you most likely were aiming for that, it seems that you failed on this part.

EDIT: Holy crap, I thought you were referring to "is this joke funny" and to the title. lol.

Anyway, the two jokes in the image are decently funny, maybe funnier for their time - and that's where context plays a part. On the other hand, you can just see the face of the guy in the second photo who is not pleased - and that is funny.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.