The Student Room Group

English at University of Leicester

Hi guys! I'm currently in my first year at Leicester, studying English. So far, it has definitely been fun but also a lot of work. So for any of you who are also studying this course, what has it been like for you? And for those who want to know more about what its like, feel free to ask anything you like! :smile:
Hey! I'm thinking of applying for Leicester to do English but I've noticed that the stats for student satisfaction are low there - do you have any idea why or any complaints yourself? Also, I was wondering what the lecturers and seminar leaders are like:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by swimminginhoney
Hey! I'm thinking of applying for Leicester to do English but I've noticed that the stats for student satisfaction are low there - do you have any idea why or any complaints yourself? Also, I was wondering what the lecturers and seminar leaders are like:smile:

Ohh..I don't know why that is. Personally I've been very satisfied with the teaching. :smile: The teachers/tutors are all extremely nice. Some of the lecturers are boring but you only see them that once so it's alright :') Definitely my seminar tutors are amazing. They understand when we haven't done the reading and don't force us to :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Ohh..I don't know why that is. Personally I've been very satisfied with the teaching. :smile: The teachers/tutors are all extremely nice. Some of the lecturers are boring but you only see them that once so it's alright :':wink: Definitely my seminar tutors are amazing. They understand when we haven't done the reading and don't force us to :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thank you! That's definitely reassured me haha and yeah there must be boring lecturers at every uni😏 The tutors sound awesome, think I'm definitely going to put it down as a choice:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by swimminginhoney
Ahh thank you! That's definitely reassured me haha and yeah there must be boring lecturers at every uni😏 The tutors sound awesome, think I'm definitely going to put it down as a choice:smile:

you're welcome! :smile: lol that's true... :') yeah they're amazing people. You should come to one of the open days if you haven't already...it's a good way to get to know the place and course better and you get to meet some of the tutors :smile: haha cool! I hope everything goes well for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hello! I'm an international student and I've also applied to Leicester for English. Do you mind telling me about the curriculum and research power at Leicester? Did the university meet your expectations? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending