Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've just applied to Maastricht University for the Bsc in Biomedical Science starting Sept 2017 and wondered if anyone else is applying this year and how they're finding everything! I'm also thinking about applying to Utrecht University for Pharmaceutical Science.
    Hope to hear from you,
    Sam 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-Louise)
    Hi,
    I've just applied to Maastricht University for the Bsc in Biomedical Science starting Sept 2017 and wondered if anyone else is applying this year and how they're finding everything! I'm also thinking about applying to Utrecht University for Pharmaceutical Science.
    Hope to hear from you,
    Sam 😊
    I might apply to University of Groningen for European Languages and Cultures. I'd really like to attend this university. I'm from the US and the entry requirements might prevent me from applying. I have to have four APs. I can take them this year, but they would be taken after the deadline. My oher option is to transfer. But I don't really want to do that because I'm already applying to UK schools. I sent an email to admissions to see what I could do. I asked about SAT Subject Tests in it's place because that's an option for UK schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Day_dreamer4life)
    I might apply to University of Groningen for European Languages and Cultures. I'd really like to attend this university. I'm from the US and the entry requirements might prevent me from applying. I have to have four APs. I can take them this year, but they would be taken after the deadline. My oher option is to transfer. But I don't really want to do that because I'm already applying to UK schools. I sent an email to admissions to see what I could do. I asked about SAT Subject Tests in it's place because that's an option for UK schools.
    When would you be taking your exams? We take our A Levels before the deadlines but we won't be getting our certificates/diplomas until late August so will only have a confirmed place when we send them through so it's a bit tight 😕
    Which UK unis are you applying to?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Loool time to join the party
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Hi,
    Hope to hear from you,
    Sam 😊
    Applying to University of Amsterdam and Leiden University College at the Hague for the Liberal Arts and Sciences. Also an international applicant. Already applied to UK schools.

ReputationRep:
    When would you be taking your exams? We take our A Levels before the deadlines but we won't be getting our certificates/diplomas until late August so will only have a confirmed place when we send them through so it's a bit tight 😕
    Which UK unis are you applying to?
    AP scores come out late June I think. I'll have my SAT Subject Test scores by March. I think the AP scores will be the same as you. The scores will be sent later, but I asked just to make sure.
    I'm applying to University of Sussex, Uni of Brighton, Uni of Nottingham (2 courses), and Uni of Edinburgh. I might just apply once to Nottingham and then apply to Manchester or Nottingham Trent but I'm still trying to decide.
    Have you been to the Netherlands? i haven't been there or the UK. But I've done a ton of research and think it'll be beneficial to my course.

ReputationRep:
    AP scores come out late June I think. I'll have my SAT Subject Test scores by March. I think the AP scores will be the same as you. The scores will be sent later, but I asked just to make sure.
    I'm applying to University of Sussex, Uni of Brighton, Uni of Nottingham (2 courses), and Uni of Edinburgh. I might just apply once to Nottingham and then apply to Manchester or Nottingham Trent but I'm still trying to decide.
    Have you been to the Netherlands? i haven't been there or the UK. But I've done a ton of research and think it'll be beneficial to my course.
    I've applied to Uni of Sussex one of my ucas choices. My brother goes to Nottingham Trent and I've applied, I went the their last open day and it's really nice so I recommend applying! Also look at Uni of Lincoln even though the entry requirements are lower, the university itself and the city are both absolutely amazing!! What course(s) are you applying for?
    As long as you've taken the exams by the cut off date then it should be fine, you'll probably just have to scan or send them your diploma once you've gotten it to be able to confirm the place like we do here.
    I've been to the Netherlands once before, to Amsterdam, The Hague and Arnhem and it's absolutely stunning, it's such an amazing place to be and study. I haven't been to see any of the University's before but I'm hoping to go and visit Maastricht around Christmas or something.
    When are you planning on sending your UCAS off?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Uni of Sussex one of my ucas choices. My brother goes to Nottingham Trent and I've applied, I went the their last open day and it's really nice so I recommend applying! Also look at Uni of Lincoln even though the entry requirements are lower, the university itself and the city are both absolutely amazing!! What course(s) are you applying for?
    As long as you've taken the exams by the cut off date then it should be fine, you'll probably just have to scan or send them your diploma once you've gotten it to be able to confirm the place like we do here.
    I've been to the Netherlands once before, to Amsterdam, The Hague and Arnhem and it's absolutely stunning, it's such an amazing place to be and study. I haven't been to see any of the University's before but I'm hoping to go and visit Maastricht around Christmas or something.
    When are you planning on sending your UCAS off?
    I'll look into Lincoln. The AP exams are taken the first and second week of May. The application deadline is May 1. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to take exams sooner because of scheduling. i plan on self studying for the tests. Which shouldnt be too difficult.
    I'm waiting for my ACT test score to send it. Which shoukd be in by the end of november. I'm scheduled to tak the SAT in December and Subject Tests in january. I'm trying to change it so that I take the Sub tests in November. But not all the tests are scheduled that day, I wouldnt be able to take french or world history that day. But id still be able to take two more. i just want to have at least one test score to send in instead of leaving it pending.

ReputationRep:
    I'll look into Lincoln. The AP exams are taken the first and second week of May. The application deadline is May 1. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to take exams sooner because of scheduling. i plan on self studying for the tests. Which shouldnt be too difficult.
    I'm waiting for my ACT test score to send it. Which shoukd be in by the end of november. I'm scheduled to tak the SAT in December and Subject Tests in january. I'm trying to change it so that I take the Sub tests in November. But not all the tests are scheduled that day, I wouldnt be able to take french or world history that day. But id still be able to take two more. i just want to have at least one test score to send in instead of leaving it pending.
    I'm applying at University of Groningen for European Language and Cultures. At Uni of Amsterdam either European Studies (most likely) or Political Science. And Maastricht University European Studies. I didnt think Id enjoy the International Relations and Organizations programme they have, you dont get to learn a language.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Amsterdam University for Linguistics and they're about to give me a decision according to my "Track your application" account. I need to apply for Groningen for English Language and Culture but I'm considering ditching that completely and just go for Amsterdam. Already applied and got offers from UK unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Applied to Amsterdam University for Linguistics and they're about to give me a decision according to my "Track your application" account. I need to apply for Groningen for English Language and Culture but I'm considering ditching that completely and just go for Amsterdam. Already applied and got offers from UK unis.
    How difficukt was the application? I know they use Studielink. Did you have to write a personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    How difficukt was the application? I know they use Studielink. Did you have to write a personal statement?
    Erm what they do is they email you a login to the application form page and you fill it out and submit it. Then they let you know they got the application and then you wait.

I didn't have to no. There wasn't any section on the application form that required me to write a personal statement. All I had to do was put down my personal details, grades, school and whether I was going to be applying for accommodation. Studielink you just use to let the unis know you're interested. I've barely visited Studielink since I got the tracking thing from Amsterdam.

ReputationRep:
    serah.exe Have you heard anything from Amsterdam?

ReputationRep:
    I'm soo annoyed. The password they gave me for Studielink didnt work. So I was permanently locked out. Just finished emailing the school to hace it opened.

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent off my application to LUC The Hague too, as well as UK unis - what major are you thinking of doing?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by musictomyears99)
    I've just sent off my application to LUC The Hague too, as well as UK unis - what major are you thinking of doing?
    BSc Global Public Health

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musictomyears99)
    Linguistics and Dutch.

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Pharmaceutical Sciences in Utrecht University (I am in the second year!). What do you wanna know??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    BSc Global Public Health

Wbu?
    World Politics - where are you applying from? I'm from the UK

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to attach proof of payment of the application fee to the LUC The Hague application? I don't know how to do it. Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.