Turn on thread page Beta

Homelessness Help! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am putting this post up today in the hope that people can post stats and statistics about the rise of homelessness in the UK. If you can help please do and post where you got the information from! I will be taking this to my MP to try and stand up for those who don't have a voice in society! Thank you.

Please comment

Please comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    Hello everyone, I am putting this post up today in the hope that people can post stats and statistics about the rise of homelessness in the UK. If you can help please do and post where you got the information from! I will be taking this to my MP to try and stand up for those who don't have a voice in society! Thank you.
    I don't know where you could find this stuff, have you tried google scholar, the journals? Or otherwise, if you still want to go ahead, you may prefer to base the research on qualitative material, such as conversations with actual homeless people on the streets of your city, if you have the courage to go up and talk to one. Then you could take a notepad/dictatphone, and record the conversations, if they agreed. I'm sure they will be amicable, if you buy them a big mac or something?

Thank you for commenting. I was thinking to take out a questionaire! Could we create one here? Then my plan eventually is to get them all known to the MP and to do something about it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Moved to society

ReputationRep:
    There are many homelessness charities in the uk. Crisis is a significant one http://www.crisis.org.uk and you'll find many smaller ones that operate locally. You will find information on their websites and if you are committed to the same goals you could become an active supporter of their work. Your MP will be fully aware already of the problems of the homeless in your area and nationally and won't need you to do research on their behalf. It would however be perfectly reasonable for you to contact them and ask what they are doing individually and as a political party to address the issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for commenting. I was thinking to take out a questionaire! Could we create one here? Then my plan eventually is to get them all known to the MP and to do something about it.
    Please understand, that whilst most homeless people are perfectly decent and law abiding individuals, you can get the oddball alcoholic, criminal, or person who is 'mad', so you need to put your brave hat the day you go to interview them. Also realise there may be ethical issues regarding this topic. I don't know what exactly it is you want to ask, but i would definitely recommend going to your lecturer/unit leader before actually doing this project. If they consider it too much of a risk, either to yourself or others, they will block it. Be prepared for that.

J

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for commenting, I agree homeless people are very nice and that's why i want to stand up for them. is anyone has any statistics or questions i should ask in my survey do let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Moved to society
    Sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    There are many homelessness charities in the uk. Crisis is a significant one http://www.crisis.org.uk and you'll find many smaller ones that operate locally. You will find information on their websites and if you are committed to the same goals you could become an active supporter of their work. Your MP will be fully aware already of the problems of the homeless in your area and nationally and won't need you to do research on their behalf. It would however be perfectly reasonable for you to contact them and ask what they are doing individually and as a political party to address the issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I contacted my MP months ago and she hasnt done anything since

ReputationRep:
    https://community.crisis.org.uk/no-o...ome#takeaction

ReputationRep:
    Please comment if you can

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you draft some questions, then we can give you feedback? Okay?

ReputationRep:
    What got you interested in this issue, if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    What got you interested in this issue, if you dont mind me asking?
    I got intrested in the issue when i started talking to them and hearing their side of events

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Why don't you draft some questions, then we can give you feedback? Okay?
    Okay sure, does anyone have any suggestion questions?

ReputationRep:
    Okay sure, does anyone have any suggestion questions?
    do your own work thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    do your own work thanks
    Don't be so rude i'm trying to help people in need!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so rude i'm trying to help people in need!
    no you are trying to plaigairise off people on tsr. i have already helped you enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.