The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Whitworth Park

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I was in Aberdeen 17 last year. Whitworth park wasnt my first choice but so glad i got put in there, by far one of the best accoms because of position and cheapness, plus its so much better as its in flats not corridors, better way of getting to know people. Anyone has any questions about aberdeen feel free to PM me
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
goingtouni
hey, im in burleigh too. in G07.052. your the first other person ive found whos there too!

cool. i cant wait to move in, which day you moving think i am going over on friday. i have found abt seven ppl on facebook now who are in burleigh so we are not alone
Reply 62
ksmith19
cool. i cant wait to move in, which day you moving think i am going over on friday. i have found abt seven ppl on facebook now who are in burleigh so we are not alone

thats good too know :biggrin: think im gonna move in on either the saturday or sunday. probably sunday. what are you studying? can't wait to get there, bring on freshers week!
Reply 63
What do all the numbers means?
Reply 64
Hi, I'm in Garstang House, GA.02.06.042 :smile: ! I got my offer today... Very happy (Whitworth Park was my first choice)! :biggrin:
Reply 65
Right.

Well firstly, let me introduce myself.

Names Amo, and im going to be starting at Manchester on the 13th. Can't bloody wait.

Secondly, i desperately wanted to get into Oak House - so much so that i put it as 1st and 2nd choice, but due to UCAS taking an age over updating my application i havent got a place their.

I have been allocated a place at Whitworth in the aforementioned house.

What do you guys think of it, and also will i be missing out on the fallowfield experience or will i still experience that by spending time up there (I already know a few mates from Didsbury and Fallowfield).
Reply 66
ksmith19

Im in Burleigh!
Reply 67
Also, i quite liked the idea of mixed sex flat but im stuck with 8 lads apparently and i can set it becoming a right tip...

Any thoughts?
Reply 68
TomasYRA
Im staying at Whitworth Park in Aberdeen House. Got my confirmation about a month ago but that was due to the fact that I had an unconditional offer.:smile:

hey ill be there too, see you there!lol
Reply 69
Maz-28
I was in Aberdeen 17 last year. Whitworth park wasnt my first choice but so glad i got put in there, by far one of the best accoms because of position and cheapness, plus its so much better as its in flats not corridors, better way of getting to know people. Anyone has any questions about aberdeen feel free to PM me

Agreed.
Reply 70
What do you guys make of it being single sex?
thorncliffe im in if anyone else is?
Reply 72
Aberdeen ftw
Reply 73
Fella
Im in Burleigh!

brilliant! which flat you in? x
Reply 74
goingtouni
thats good too know :biggrin: think im gonna move in on either the saturday or sunday. probably sunday. what are you studying? can't wait to get there, bring on freshers week!

I am studyin medicine and moving in on the friday 14th. what are you studyin? x
Reply 75
ksmith19
brilliant! which flat you in? x

10?
Reply 76
space_aura
thorncliffe im in if anyone else is?

me. Can't believe we're going so soon!
Reply 77
Fella
What do you guys make of it being single sex?

its single sex flats (but not all of them, some are mixed) but its mixed accomodation. almost all the guys/girls flats pair up with another anyway, i was in a flat of 9 guys that mixed a lot with a flat of girls from opposite, living with some of them this year. Doesnt feel that single sex really
Reply 78
Fella
Also, i quite liked the idea of mixed sex flat but im stuck with 8 lads apparently and i can set it becoming a right tip...

Any thoughts?

hey, im the same. i liked the idea of mixed sex flats, was quite disappointed to find that there single sex. :s-smilie:
Reply 79
I'll be in single room at Whitworth park, and I was wondering how big the rooms are in relation to what I'll be taking. My desktop computer's coming which will no doubt take up most of the desk area, then there's all the clothes and other bits and pieces.
Not looking for dimensions lol, just a rough idea of storage space I guess so I don't manage to barricade myself in. Are there places to keep my cooking stuff in the kitchen? Or will some have to be kept in my room?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending