Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys, so I'm 23 years old, and haven't had a social life since i left sixth form? When my small group of friends moved away to uni etc, so it's been years. And only recently has it really started to get me down, you look on facebook etc and see people traveling the world, clubbing, lots of friends or even getting married or starting a family, and i literally have nothing or have achieved nothing! I changed jobs a few months ago, from working with lots of people, and dealing with people on a day to day basis, to now a small group, of 4/5, seriously repetitive and boring job, I'm a confident person and veeeery bubbly and love making people happy, so perhaps that could be a reason? I live in a very small town in Gloucestershire so its not like it's busy or pubs full with people my age, i mean i wouldnt go to the pub alone anyway.. how sad would i look?! Hmm. I'm extrememly ambitious, like literally mega ambitious and creative, and i have a big fire inside that fuels my creativity, but i also get really low when i can't think of ideas, that would potentially be successful, i guess i have that sense and hunger or wanting to achieve something and be recognised for something? I also have gone on to play mmorpgs on the pc aswell, to kind of shut away from the real world? By accident.. guess it passes the time?! Which really gets me down, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but just spurting out what is currently in my head, and literally have no idea what to do about it, because i want a social life, have a group of friends, get out and mingle and go from there! But please no trolls.. lol!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys, so I'm 23 years old, and haven't had a social life since i left sixth form? When my small group of friends moved away to uni etc, so it's been years. And only recently has it really started to get me down, you look on facebook etc and see people traveling the world, clubbing, lots of friends or even getting married or starting a family, and i literally have nothing or have achieved nothing! I changed jobs a few months ago, from working with lots of people, and dealing with people on a day to day basis, to now a small group, of 4/5, seriously repetitive and boring job, I'm a confident person and veeeery bubbly and love making people happy, so perhaps that could be a reason? I live in a very small town in Gloucestershire so its not like it's busy or pubs full with people my age, i mean i wouldnt go to the pub alone anyway.. how sad would i look?! Hmm. I'm extrememly ambitious, like literally mega ambitious and creative, and i have a big fire inside that fuels my creativity, but i also get really low when i can't think of ideas, that would potentially be successful, i guess i have that sense and hunger or wanting to achieve something and be recognised for something? I also have gone on to play mmorpgs on the pc aswell, to kind of shut away from the real world? By accident.. guess it passes the time?! Which really gets me down, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but just spurting out what is currently in my head, and literally have no idea what to do about it, because i want a social life, have a group of friends, get out and mingle and go from there! But please no trolls.. lol!
    Have you considered looking at clubs/societies near you? Even activities might help as you'd be able to meet/get involved with new people?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.