Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook quandry - panicking - helpa watch

ReputationRep:
    I viewed the Facebook profile (clicked on a couple of pics, etc) a few times (5-7 times) of a guy at uni I've become infatuated with very quickly. We don't have any mutual friends and we'd talked for some time (not briefly but not for any significant amount of time) for one evening. If I want to send a request I check that we have mutual friends/wait until we've spoken a bit more before doing so, which is why I didn't add him.

FB apparently makes people that have actively searched you appear in your People you may know list - officially it is denied but there's quite a few reasons to think that this may be the case ( I certainly have a few with no mutual friends on mine)...how likely is it that I appear on his, based on my activity? Is it creepy?

Even worse (sigh), he's a third year Comp Sci undergrad so it's likely that he would know/have some idea about how these algorithms really work (hell there's even a second year module dedicated to algorithms).

Asking because I'll be seeing him around quite a bit and really don't want things to be awkward. Also, have I blown my chances with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recklesstea)
    x
    You're fine.

Even if this algorithm does exist, he will not see you in his list and think "Woah this girl searched me" since a) I doubt he pays that much attention to the list b) he probably doesn't even know about or believe in this hypothetical algorithm c) Mine's always full of randomers from my uni anyway, so he is probably also use to being recommended other students.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.