Turn on thread page Beta

There's this girl I see in college that I speak to often, I asked for her number and we've been texting, I've subtly hinted I like her. My brother is in her class however, and I didn't know he liked her too until he told me one day, he also told me he's already told this girl how much he likes her and wants to be with her romantically, and she's decided she wants to be with him too. Was I just too late? I just feel weird that my brother out of all people has taken the girl I had my eye on.

ReputationRep:
    this is messed up. Don't think about it too much, you'll find someone else

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like an anime I've seen.

I'm sorry to hear this. Is she in the same year as you? If she's in your brother's class then its easier for them to spend more time together.

Does your brother even know?

You're in college, so I dont think this stuff matters. Work on your personal statement or something. Plenty of fish in the sea, surely you don't need this specific one.

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    this is messed up. Don't think about it too much, you'll find someone else
    I know, I feel weird knowing he must've been trying to flirt with her at the same time as I was, but she's chosen him. He must've known somewhat I liked her too because we hang around in the same group sometimes.

(Original post by Applepiex3)
    This sounds like an anime I've seen.

I'm sorry to hear this. Is she in the same year as you? If she's in your brother's class then its easier for them to spend more time together.

Does your brother even know?

You're in college, so I dont think this stuff matters. Work on your personal statement or something. Plenty of fish in the sea, surely you don't need this specific one.
    She's in the year below me, so she's basically the same age as my brother. I didn't outright tell my brother, I didn't directly tell the girl either. I thought she might've been into me, but she's the kind of girl that's super nice to everybody so maybe that's just how she is. It's just a kick in the teeth when I can see him smiling whilst texting her, flirting all of that. She's stopped talking to me as frequently now too because she's so preoccupied with him.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It does sound a bit weird. She obviously must know you were interested imo. so the fact she chose your brother ratehr stops you dead. No need to panic though, they might split up, so as long as you dont make an enemy of her you can maybe pick things up later. I would look elsewhere though.

ReputationRep:
    Man up. Go about your business with more conviction next time. P.s. lose the brother - loyalty goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She's in the year below me, so she's basically the same age as my brother. I didn't outright tell my brother, I didn't directly tell the girl either. I thought she might've been into me, but she's the kind of girl that's super nice to everybody so maybe that's just how she is. It's just a kick in the teeth when I can see him smiling whilst texting her, flirting all of that. She's stopped talking to me as frequently now too because she's so preoccupied with him.
    I'm sorry, it must be hard seeing all this and trying not to punch your clueless brother. Tbh it's not your brothers fault either, he has feelings for her too. Dont worry dude, you're going off to uni soon so you will forget about this chick.

Ignore her man, she's not worth your time.

To get your mind off this random heartbreak: funny movies, comfort food and chill. Enjoy the single Pringle life. What's this girl gonna give you anyway? A job? No. She's just a side distraction, an obstacle. Hop over and take it slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's this girl I see in college that I speak to often, I asked for her number and we've been texting, I've subtly hinted I like her. My brother is in her class however, and I didn't know he liked her too until he told me one day, he also told me he's already told this girl how much he likes her and wants to be with her romantically, and she's decided she wants to be with him too. Was I just too late? I just feel weird that my brother out of all people has taken the girl I had my eye on.
    He hasnt taken anything. You dont have anything with this girl except a crush.

he's single shes single. Just because she spoke to you does not mean a damn thing.

Leave them to it and find someone else

ReputationRep:
    Grow up please. He hasn't "stolen" or "taken" anything from you. He liked her, she liked him back. Whether you spoke to her first, whether he's your brother or not is irrelevant. You don't own her and she's not obliged to like you just because you have a crush on her. You don't get to claim 'dibs' on a person. Get a grip and move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.