The Student Room Group

University of Central Lancashire 2017 Entry

Hey i didn't see a thread for the University of Central Lancashire medical school for 2017 entry.

Has anyone heard from them yet?

Scroll to see replies

I received an interview invite from UCLan about two weeks ago. Here are my stats:

IB Predicted Scores: 7,7,7 for HL and 7,7,7 for SL with A,A for TOK and EE.

I know that UCLan does not require the UKCAT but I took it anyways for other unis although my score is not that good.

UKCAT:
VR 600
QR 690
AR 620
Overall: 1910

Btw, I just got an interview from St. George's as well :smile:
Congrats on the interview!

May I ask how long it took you to hear back from them after submitting your application?
Original post by neuralgal
Congrats on the interview!

May I ask how long it took you to hear back from them after submitting your application?

Thank you :smile:
I think I applied on 13th of October and received an interview invite on 27th. So, about two weeks after I submitted my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edasansel
Thank you :smile:
I think I applied on 13th of October and received an interview invite on 27th. So, about two weeks after I submitted my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a pretty quick turnaround so hopefully I should hear back by the end of the month.

Can you choose your interview dates?
Sounds like a pretty quick turnaround so hopefully I should hear back by the end of the month.

Can you choose your interview dates?

Yes. There are interviews in December and February and they allow you to choose one of the dates given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edasansel
Yes. There are interviews in December and February and they allow you to choose one of the dates given.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info! Best of luck at your interview and maybe I'll see you there.
Reply 7
I haven't heard anything in terms of interview yet ! They just emailed me today to ask for my transcripts and passport things. Hopefully soon !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I had to resend them some documents which delayed my app a bit. But they're very quick in responding, which is great. I think I'm due to hear back this week whether or not I get an interview *fingers crossed*.
Reply 9
Yeah, I had to resend them some documents which delayed my app a bit. But they're very quick in responding, which is great. I think I'm due to hear back this week whether or not I get an interview *fingers crossed*.

I still have to send in the transferable skills sheet. Do u know when that's due ?

Original post by sookie17
I still have to send in the transferable skills sheet. Do u know when that's due ?

I submitted that with my application.

Because they emailed me separate asking for it. I should probably send it in asap like today tho

Seeing as interview dates are dec 5-7 I should probably send it in today. Now I'm scared lol.

Yeah, you should do that ASAP. Interviews run till April though.
Yeah, you should do that ASAP. Interviews run till April though.

Ya but their only in the uk in December and February. This is what I got :
Interviews will take place for the MBBS programme on:

5-7 December 2016 (UK)
11-12 January 2017(Hong Kong)
27-28 February 2017 (UK)
4-5 April 2017 (Dubai)

Just got an interview offer, I'm an international, i will update my stats here when i get home!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: finally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ukhopeful94
Just got an interview offer, I'm an international, i will update my stats here when i get home!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: finally

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm international too ! Please let us know :smile:

Original post by ukhopeful94

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When did you submit?
Congrats! When did you submit?

Submitted UCAS on October 15 :smile:
What stats did you guys want to know? Im a Canadian applicant so they looked at my OSSD (high school marks) i had an 89.6% final in grade 12, 85%+ in bio, chem, calculus, data, urdu (language). I had 2 year experience in a lab, 4 years volunteering with refugees, 3 years shadowing a doc

Quick Reply

Latest