Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to take Scottish Advancd Highers externally in London? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a college in which I can take Adv. Highers in London.
    I would be grateful for any help,
    thanks in advance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I remember there was a guy a few months back who lived in England and was wanting to do CfE Advanced Higher Physics but he was willing to come to Scotland to do it if he had to as he said that there were no SQA approved centres in England. Unfortunately I can't remember whether he found somewhere or not. The advice I gave him was to either contact a centre near to the Scottish border and commute (I didn't know where abouts in England he lived so it could've worked?), or contact a centre that has an attached boarding house (some rural state schools have these for pupils that would have to travel long distances to reach school) and see what either could do to help.

Although at this point you might be a bit late for this year even if you do find a centre, since we usually start our studies about a month before the summer break in July/August, and its now getting to the point of end of Unit 1 Assessments for most subjects in most schools (meaning that there would be a lot to catch up on), prelims in January/February with final exams in May. Its worth noting that end of unit assessments have been scrapped from 2017-18 which would make life easier for you if you can wait that long.
    In all fairness, an A Level might be an easier option. Simply from a logistics point of view.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.