Infected helix piercing Watch

CiaraMae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've had my helix pierced for about 8 months and it still really hurts to lie on it, it hurts to move and has a small bump on it. It's getting to the stage where I'm thinking of giving up and taking it out as I have tiredness all wayang to get rid of the infection. I am considering changing the piercing and seeing if it makes a difference but not sure if it's a good idea with it being infected! Any advice? Other than sea solution or antibiotics as I have tried most things and seen my doctor.
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CiaraMae)
I've had my helix pierced for about 8 months and it still really hurts to lie on it, it hurts to move and has a small bump on it. It's getting to the stage where I'm thinking of giving up and taking it out as I have tiredness all wayang to get rid of the infection. I am considering changing the piercing and seeing if it makes a difference but not sure if it's a good idea with it being infected! Any advice? Other than sea solution or antibiotics as I have tried most things and seen my doctor.
Leave it in, and it will probably go numb as the nerve endings die, or take it out. Up to you?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go back to the place you got it pierced and see what they say. Unless you got it at Claire's, they wouldn't help.

I've had a helix piercing for about 10 years and sometimes it still gets very tender. I used to have a bump there too but it's gone now. What kind of jewelry do you have in it?
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you saw your doctor did he confirm it was infected? What action did he take? Is this a seperate infection?

Without having a look its pretty much impossible to give you proper advice, hencr the best anyone can say is go to well respected piercer and ask their opinion. There are a number of things that may help the piercing heal quicker but, again, cant be done veey accurately without being able to have a good look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads