Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a simple question. Me and my best mate of 5 years decided last night that by the age of 26 if we aren't married, we will.

Do you have a back up?

ReputationRep:
    26?
    wow

ReputationRep:
    26, isnt that abit soon??... hopefully I wont ever need a back up, but I guess it would be a decent idea to have one, but it would be a last resort so I wouldnt consider marrying them until I was at least late 30's early 40's :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    26, isnt that abit soon??... hopefully I wont ever need a back up, but I guess it would be a decent idea to have one, but it would be a last resort so I wouldnt consider marrying them until I was at least late 30's early 40's :p:
    Yeah it could be abit young, could move it up a few years. I dont think he will mind. I think its better to have one just in case

ReputationRep:
    In short, no.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't think I'd want to marry any of my friends. Not that their not nice but it would just be hella weird.

ReputationRep:
    hes just chatting 'Best Buds Forever' bull**** and probably just wants to nail you.

*awaits negs*

ReputationRep:
    Not like that but if I grow into an old spinster and don't manage to get knocked up, and my friend hasn't got kids either we're gonna have kids They'd be really weird looking though... no chance of a decent nose but damn fine hair :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    oo yea... God I would hate to end up old and lonely with no children/grandchildren etc.. how depressing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I find the whole idea kinda ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    No, I dont have anything like that Mostly because I dont actually want to get married and im still undecided on kids.

Although me and one of my male friends once agreed that if we were both still virgins when we were 18 we would do it. I wasnt really being serious though, and it never came to that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    26?? That's a bit young. Maybe when I'm 40. Don't have a back up though...yet. Does anyone know anyone whose actually married their back up?

ReputationRep:
    A back up can be a good idea, but id never make one unless he was a really good friend...but then if you're not attracted to them, it would be weird...hmm. If i had one it would be if I'm not married when I'm 40...

Lol, I have a 'backup', but it's only jokes :p:

ReputationRep:
    Backups are meant to be jokes arent they, I have two but i'd never actually marry them lol.

(Original post by Bluelight)
    Backups are meant to be jokes arent they, I have two but i'd never actually marry them lol.
    Exactly what I thought. It's the kind of thing you say knowing full well it'll never happen.

ReputationRep:
    especially beacuse boy-friends who are genuinely and sincerely super close to girls are either 1) gay or 2) ****ing ugly.

(Original post by Consie)
    especially beacuse boy-friends who are genuinely and sincerely super close to girls are either 1) gay or 2) ****ing ugly.
    In your experience? :p:

My closest male friends are neither...

ReputationRep:
    Sure if you'd call it a "back-up" but it's just for laughs, i'm not seeing myself marrying one of my best friends any time soon lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.