Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Although i'm happy with the array of breakfast, snacks and main meals that i eat i'd like to move away from sandwiches to something different.

Any lunch ideas bearing in mind that it has to go in a packed lunch for work.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Although i'm happy with the array of breakfast, snacks and main meals that i eat i'd like to move away from sandwiches to something different.

If you've got a microwave available: What about some pasta/spaghettis...? I found that if I made some for supper, with enough for the next day...
    If not, I know some people who would have like a pasta salad kind of thing, if you don't mind cold pasta... (I've heard couscous works well for these kind of salady things too)

Cold chicken drumsticks/some kind of cold meat? Mini quiches/pastry things?

ReputationRep:

I've been in this situation - there's only so many sandwich fillings you can tolerate. For me, sushi was a good choice - it comes bite sized, isn't messy to eat and usually has eating utensils in the pack. And before anyone thinks that's a far too expensive idea I get my sushi from Waitrose at the end of the day when it's been reduced in price to about £1.50 for a large pack (i.e. what you might pay for some very ordinary sandwiches) - I then have it the following day, one day out of date. I've never been ill from it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I second couscous.

Cupa-soup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    If you've got a microwave available: What about some pasta/spaghettis...? I found that if I made some for supper, with enough for the next day...
    If not, I know some people who would have like a pasta salad kind of thing, if you don't mind cold pasta... (I've heard couscous works well for these kind of salady things too)

Cold chicken drumsticks/some kind of cold meat? Mini quiches/pastry things?
    I prefer not to radiate my food. Needs to be something i can make in about ten minutes on a morning (though i suppose i could make it the day before).

Could have chicken with pasta possibly.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    I've been in this situation - there's only so many sandwich fillings you can tolerate. For me, sushi was a good choice - it comes bite sized, isn't messy to eat and usually has eating utensils in the pack. And before anyone thinks that's a far too expensive idea I get my sushi from Waitrose at the end of the day when it's been reduced in price to about £1.50 for a large pack (i.e. what you might pay for some very ordinary sandwiches) - I then have it the following day, one day out of date. I've never been ill from it.
    Love fish but needs to be something quick to make on a morning or the evening before.

ReputationRep:
    Love fish but needs to be something quick to make on a morning or the evening before.[/QUOTE]

But you're not making it - you're buying it ready prepared, popping it in the fridge overnight and then taking it with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Love fish but needs to be something quick to make on a morning or the evening before.
    But you're not making it - you're buying it ready prepared, popping it in the fridge overnight and then taking it with you![/QUOTE]

I would prefer to make something.

ReputationRep:
    But you're not making it - you're buying it ready prepared, popping it in the fridge overnight and then taking it with you!
    I would prefer to make something.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough - my idea won't work for you then.

ReputationRep:

Tuna and sweetcorn?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.