History coursework help! (black rights)

Watch
harley_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
"In the context of the years 1845 to 1945 to what extent was the emancipation proclamation of 1863 a turning point in the struggle for black rights in the USA" I'm really struggling and wondering if anyone could help
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://historyrethought.wordpress.c...rsework-essay/

This example of coursework is answering a slightly different question but it looks like a helpful example.

I googled "black rights history coursework" and quite a few helpful links come up.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by harley_)
"In the context of the years 1845 to 1945 to what extent was the emancipation proclamation of 1863 a turning point in the struggle for black rights in the USA" I'm really struggling and wondering if anyone could help
Depends on what angle you want to approach this in. I would say that the Emancipation Proclamation is a turning point in the struggle for black rights because of its symbolic gesture, however, since it was not binding (only applicable to states that seceded) it was only a symbolic gesture that had no legal binding meaning. Besides then came the Jim Crow laws which basically put back a lot of progress that was made in the struggle for black rights.
harley_
Rep:
?
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
https://historyrethought.wordpress.c...rsework-essay/

This example of coursework is answering a slightly different question but it looks like a helpful example.

I googled "black rights history coursework" and quite a few helpful links come up.
Thank you. This was actually really helpful!
harley_
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Depends on what angle you want to approach this in. I would say that the Emancipation Proclamation is a turning point in the struggle for black rights because of its symbolic gesture, however, since it was not binding (only applicable to states that seceded) it was only a symbolic gesture that had no legal binding meaning. Besides then came the Jim Crow laws which basically put back a lot of progress that was made in the struggle for black rights.
I honestly don't know what angle to approach with as our teacher wants us to do it independently so I'm just looking for any kind of guidance haha. Thank you.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by harley_)
I honestly don't know what angle to approach with as our teacher wants us to do it independently so I'm just looking for any kind of guidance haha. Thank you.
Do you have any specific preference of what stance you want to take? History can be argued from many different perspectives.
citibankrec
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone of the examplar aqa a2 coursework?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.34%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.82%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed