Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all . I'm on a final written warning at sainsburys for being sick a certain number of times in a 12 month period and I want to know if I'm sick again do I get a possible dismissal? Or do I just get a verbal warning beacuse the previous sickness have dropped off and just have the one sickness I had for final written 10 months ago.

Not been sick for 10months now .

Thanks .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rising_sun*)
    Hi all . I'm on a final written warning at sainsburys for being sick a certain number of times in a 12 month period and I want to know if I'm sick again do I get a possible dismissal? Or do I just get a verbal warning beacuse the previous sickness have dropped off and just have the one sickness I had for final written 10 months ago.

Not been sick for 10months now .

Thanks .
    Do you have any paperwork for the warning you got?
    If so id read that to see if it says anything. Warnings like that usually stay on record for like a year or something, so if it happened again you could possibly get a dismissal.
    If in any doubt speak to a manager.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rising_sun*

I work at Sainsbury's so can help you with this.

In your case, I'm unsure as to why after 4 absences you're on a final written warning as they guidelines state that 4 absences is a possible written warning with the possible final written coming on your 5th absence.

I would speak to your manager to find out your situation as it seems they may have gone tougher than they should've, either that you should have a copy of the warning from your disciplinary meeting.

A final written warning will stay on your file for 12 months.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.