Turn on thread page Beta

Which celebrity who's not a Politician would you choose to be PM? watch

ReputationRep:
    yeh someone already said this but Jeremy Clarkson would make a good PM imo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Rik Mayall because I love him.

Im still thinking about my sensible answer
    Yes!

Can anyone picture Alan B'stard as Prime Minister? The immensity of it all.

ReputationRep:
    Paul Robinson off Neighbours. He's the whole package - once he gets over his brain tumour. Did anyone see todays episode end? I literally experienced seepage from the excitement - something I haven't done since the millenium new years eve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    Brian Haw. Not really, he annoys me.

Hmmm. Can we count political commentators as celebrities? If so, Deborah Orr.
    Yes, I'd be happy with that one. Or Johan Hari.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empfrench)

He's not as tall as he says he is.

In that vein, I'd plump for Polly Toynbee or Nick Cohen - they rule together. The King and Queen of Liberal England.

ReputationRep:
    ^ No way.

ReputationRep:
    I've never yet disagreed with a word the amazing woman has said!

ReputationRep:
    Sven?

ReputationRep:
    Ed Norton/ Christian Bale.

ReputationRep:
    I've never yet disagreed with a word the amazing woman has said!
    Wasn't she married to some other commentator? Like AA Gill or someone? I agree though, she was quite scathing the other day about Edinburgh - a place I love - but I found myself nodding appreciatively for articulating something about the place I hadn't quite managed to hit on before. Excellent Woman.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't she married to some other commentator? Like AA Gill or someone? I agree though, she was quite scathing the other day about Edinburgh - a place I love - but I found myself nodding appreciatively for articulating something about the place I hadn't quite managed to hit on before. Excellent Woman.
    I though Hari was a guy?!

EDIT: He definitely IS a guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I though Hari was a guy?!
    He is! I was referring to Deborah Orr, who is certainly a woman. Although...Mr. Hari does look a bit girlie, there is no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Again: Stephen Fry. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Arsene Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Arsene Wenger.
    A Frenchman? If we're going for foreigners then I'm for Sarko's wife - just for the Soap opera action at EU meetings.

ReputationRep:
    She is married to Will Self, who is amazing, but a bit to cerebral for me.

Yeah, i read her Edinburgh piece...can't comment as i've never been., To be fair,s he was merely saying it wasn't for her...

She sometimes does the televsion review too. The other week, she called that property guy a "little ****". I wanted to marry her there and then. She's quite hot too.

ReputationRep:
    Virginia Woolf

Anna Chancellor.

Or possibly Hamster, I can't decide.

ReputationRep:
    She is married to Will Self, who is amazing, but a bit to cerebral for me.

Yeah, i read her Edinburgh piece...can't comment as i've never been., To be fair,s he was merely saying it wasn't for her...

She sometimes does the televsion review too. The other week, she called that property guy a "little ****". I wanted to marry her there and then. She's quite hot too.

Oh yeah! Well in that case I'd plump for Will Self and Deborah Orr to reign as King and Queen! And that piece on the property show was brilliant, very sarcastic and cutting. Long may they reign!

ReputationRep:
    sorry didn't realize this thread was asking about English celebrities...erm...cant think of any ...but as for foreign ones...definitely Wenger, Norton and Bale...any one of them

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Pax is a bit overrated IMO.
    Sorry to go back a while but I would love some one like Blair or Cameron giving Paxman 'Paxman style' interview it would bring a smile to the face of any politician and most of the public

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.