The Student Room Group

Black Lives Matter UK and UFFC marched against police brutality in the UK this weeken

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Wōden
Will there actually be black people at this protest, or will it be the same, upper class white kids who blockaded Heathrow a few months back?

If you could read, youd see the protest already happened.
Also if you could read, youd see they protested for white families affected. So yes, white people where there.
Supporting each other.
Nice, right?
Reply 61
ALL lives matter.
Original post by keena89
Well the 9 who held up planes at london city airport were all white so....

And its a large organisation so there may be many but thats not the majority and if you were to go to a BLM meeting or gathering, youd never hear them say "today lets kill some white people/disrupt lives/cause a riot" all they want is for law enforcers to start respecting their lives.

You heard nothing about this protest until this thread, why?
Because it was a peaceful trouble free event.
If there was any trouble you'd have known about it but there wasn't yet many many people attended this demonstration.

ok so white people cant be in blm
Original post by weaponx
ALL lives matter.

i propose we stop funding extra money towards cancer research because ALL illnesses matter
Reply 64
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
i propose we stop funding extra money towards cancer research because ALL illnesses matter

you playin` wit me boy??
Reply 65
Why not? Should we start expecting endangered animals to protest for themselves then?

Original post by AperfectBalance
Reply 66
Why not? Should we start expecting endangered animals to protest for themselves then?
See that's a racist stance because black people don't exclude based on race. White people are more than welcome in BLM because all BLM does is fight for rights of black people.
They have nothing against white people.

Original post by keena89
But in this particular instance they werent so your point is irrelevant.

Yawn, stop trolling or get off your high horse.

When your own post scrolling down it mentions a lot about America, you then say me thinking its more about America is irrelevant.

Get off your high horse and/or use your brain.
Reply 68
Original post by drbluebox
Yawn, stop trolling or get off your high horse.

When your own post scrolling down it mentions a lot about America, you then say me thinking its more about America is irrelevant.

Get off your high horse and/or use your brain.

It doesnt mention it "a lot" its only mentioned when discussing the origins of BLM which is american.
So calm down.
Original post by keena89
It doesnt mention it "a lot" its only mentioned when discussing the origins of BLM which is american.
So calm down.

I am calm, you were the one that was telling me things like my points are irrelevant.
Reply 70
Original post by drbluebox
I am calm, you were the one that was telling me things like my points are irrelevant.

Which it was.

In this particular post they are fighting a British issue not an American one.

Even if they have latched onto anerican issues which I wholly agree with, that's not the case in THIS instance.
Original post by keena89
Which it was.

In this particular post they are fighting a British issue not an American one.

Even if they have latched onto anerican issues which I wholly agree with, that's not the case in THIS instance.

Except your post mentioned the history behind it, it was to highlight issues not just in the UK but America.

So overall it had more focus on America rather than primarily British which just had focus around the world.

As if it was about ethnic problems worldwide why mention just UK and America unless it was to focus on America.
Reply 72
Also you would have read that the UFFC have been demonstrating against police brutality for18 years so they HAVEN'T latched onto american issues they were birthed as a direct result to issues in the UK.
In fact this is the first year that BLM has protested with them.
Reply 73
Everyone has run in here to speak badly of BLM when this protest has been going on for 18 years under UFFC
Because BLM is the one people are focusing on as the media attention is being given to them, that in itself is what I am annoyed about because as you say there has been ongoing protests for years (which go pretty much unnoticed) only because BLM is involved does it get attention but then BLM are essentially taking it as their own.
Original post by keena89
See that's a racist stance because black people don't exclude based on race. White people are more than welcome in BLM because all BLM does is fight for rights of black people.
They have nothing against white people.

You were the one saying whites cant be in BLM idiot.
Reply 76
You were the one saying whites cant be in BLM idiot.

No, fool.
Someone asked "will there actually be black people protesting or will they all be white like the airport protest?"
And i said in this protest it was a mix of races.
Reply 77
See?

Original post by Wōden
Will there actually be black people at this protest, or will it be the same, upper class white kids who blockaded Heathrow a few months back?

Reply 78
Original post by keena89
Well the 9 who held up planes at london city airport were all white so....

And its a large organisation so there may be many but thats not the majority and if you were to go to a BLM meeting or gathering, youd never hear them say "today lets kill some white people/disrupt lives/cause a riot" all they want is for law enforcers to start respecting their lives.

You heard nothing about this protest until this thread, why?
Because it was a peaceful trouble free event.
If there was any trouble you'd have known about it but there wasn't yet many many people attended this demonstration.

Highlight where i said white people couldnt be in BLM.

As you can see YOU said they set out to kill "evil whitey" then i said but the airport protesters were white so it voids your argument that theyre anti white.

Dumbo
Reply 79
But many (NOT ALL) BLM supporters have done horrible things in the name of black lives matter. Calling for police to be killed, calling for *****evil whitey******* to be killed. Looting, killings, holding up cars and planes, Being horribly racist.

Perfect fool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending