Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've had 4 accidents in 2 years - 2 fault claims 2 non fault.

Insurance started off at 1.4k

My first accident was about 2 months after I learnt to drive and I hit a parked car.

Second was 9 months after passing - my car was hit head on - complete wreck, - written off and not at fault

Insurance rises to 2.2k

Then 15 months after passing i had some issues with black ice on a bend - my car written off but no damage to any other cars or property - classed as storm damage but at fault

Fourth accident 22 months after passing- guy hit me up the rear coming off at a slip road - non fault, car repaired

Now at almost 2 yrs next month car insurance due for renewal, quotes in excess of 6k + but black box quotes coming in around 2-3k.

Don't mind getting a black box my first accident was stupidity cause i was driving tired, and the second accident was just inexperience. don't really consider myself a terrible driver i drive for work so will pay regardless, but wondered if any insurances may be worth checking out. i've only checked via compare and mse which i'm aware don't include all insurers.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nobody consider himself incompetent.

ReputationRep:
    It might be worth doing a pass plus course. Some insurers give you an extra discount (on top of black boxes or dashcams) if you get signed off on pass plus.

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at Tesco on their black box policy.
    I went with them and they were a lot cheaper (£300-400) cheaper than anyone else.

I'm sorry to hear about all your accidents but hopefully now things will improve for you
    Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sek510i)
    It might be worth doing a pass plus course. Some insurers give you an extra discount (on top of black boxes or dashcams) if you get signed off on pass plus.
    Thats the biggest load of **** going.
    A lot of insurers dont give you a discount. And the ones that do dont knock nearly enough off to warrant the cost of doing it in the first place.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.