Turn on thread page Beta

Massive discounts on amazon genuine or not watch

ReputationRep:
    Say they had a canon 5d mark 4 for a grand and recently even a nikon d810 for only four hundred. It went straight away but U dunno if these deals are genuine or not.

ReputationRep:
    Was this a third-party seller called Lkmedia?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Say they had a canon 5d mark 4 for a grand and recently even a nikon d810 for only four hundred. It went straight away but U dunno if these deals are genuine or not.
    May be real, or simply a phantom deal generating huge numbers of site hits.

No way of telling either way.

Wisdom is: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Was this a third-party seller called Lkmedia?
    It was a third party seller it might have been called that I can't recall. It may just be a con or something. Say here it is advertised for 675 as 'new' but from austria

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...&condition=new

ReputationRep:
    It was a third party seller it might have been called that I can't recall. It may just be a con or something. Say here it is advertised for 675 as 'new' but from austria

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...&condition=new
    Just checked it out. It looks like the same products as LKmedia were selling over the weekend. I bought something - I figured that Amazon's A-Z guarantee would refund me if it wasn't kosher, so I'd got nothing to lose. LKmedia's entire stock has disappeared off Amazon, and Amazon Chat couldn't 'locate' the seller...

It's a fraud, I think.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    [QUOTE=karl pilkington;68309484]It was a third party seller it might have been called that I can't recall. It may just be a con or something. Say here it is advertised for 675 as 'new' but from austria

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00LXYPXJU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition =new [/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. The feedback rating for the seller is 'just launched'. That in itself should ring alarm bells.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=uberteknik;68309528]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00LXYPXJU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition =new[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. The feedback rating for the seller is 'just launched'. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
    Exactly. As was LKmedia's - the 'contact jklajlkd392.com for more info' part on the seller's profile is the same, too.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    [QUOTE=Reality Check;68309538]
    (Original post by uberteknik)

Exactly. As was LKmedia's - the 'contact jklajlkd392.com for more info' part on the seller's profile is the same, too.
    Yes. And why would the seller want the purchaser to contact them beforehand? Most probably because they want the money sent via Western Union i.e. untraceable.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it probably is a con however the other seller was an established seller but will probably avoid

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.