Watch
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mermania)
Maradonna was twice the player Ronaldinho is
when Ronaldinho practically single-handedly wins a world cup for his team maybe you can compare them
That can't happen in todays era due to the large number of fantastic players in the Brazils and Argentinas of today.
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you know, I was actually going to edit in a disclaimer telling no-one to say that but I thought "nah, no-one will point out the obvious." :rolleyes:
the point still stands, I don't think Ronaldinho can carry a team the way Maradona did (at Napoli as well).
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
almost every greatest sportsman cheats... even schumi cheats lol

maradona... little guy just like davids.. tall people mean no nothing to him
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldinho carried Barcelona back to where they are now when he arrived. The season before Ronaldinho came 2002/2003 Barcelona finished the league in 6th place. Once he arrived we finished 2nd and the two seasons after we have won the league and the European cup. However Maradona still remains the better player but I don't see a reason why Ronaldinho cannot become better than him.
Бербато&
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was in the Naples area on holiday this summer, and you can easily see that for your average Neapolitan Maradona ranks somewhere between deity and legend.

When the Italia '90 semi-final between Italy and Argentina was played in Naples, Maradona played on the emotions of the home crowd before the match, saying: 'why should Naples support Italy? The rest of Italy doesn't care about Naples - they don't even consider it part of the same country, except now that they need their support'.

The Neapolitan crowd was eerily quiet (some even booed the Italian anthem), and Italy went out to Argentina on penalties. This whole episode goes some way to explaining why he is loathed in the North of Italy, although of course helping Napoli to 2 league titles doesn't give him great support among Juve, Inter and AC fans anyway...
Arya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Definatley , he was imo the most gifted footballer ever , had everything , strength ,pace, was skillfull, excellent shot and pass , better than pele "i never moved to europe and played with an AMAZING brazillian midfield".
King Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup, he's my favourite player of all time by far.

I reckon this should sum it up. Ignore the Micheal Jackson music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBpu-M6kXCk

The man was certainly more than two goals against England, a World cup and 2 cases of drug abuse. Just because those are the main points discussed in this country's media doesn't mean it was all he achieved. People tend to forget he was also an unbelievable free-kick taker, in a time before Adidas Predators and other fancy football boots.

EDIT - And here's another: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7hHhaHSaTlQ
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is a great pic that sums up Maradona i think!

Hubert Poo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, I know - it's a wonderful picture isn't it!
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Barca)
Ronaldinho carried Barcelona back to where they are now when he arrived. The season before Ronaldinho came 2002/2003 Barcelona finished the league in 6th place. Once he arrived we finished 2nd and the two seasons after we have won the league and the European cup. However Maradona still remains the better player but I don't see a reason why Ronaldinho cannot become better than him.
Ronaldinho is the most talented player in the world today imo, but Davids was the best performer at Barca in 2004 (for the time he was there). I don't think any one has carried Barca to success though. You could argue that Eto'o's goals carried Barca, Puyol's resilience, Xavi's composure, Deco's creativity, Messi's spark etc. Having a bunch of great players has led to success, not Ronaldinho alone.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
True, however I believe that he started that effect.
loggins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who thinks Messi is Maradona's modern day equivalent and natural successor? Quite a few people have tried to carry the torch, but I don't think anyone has the potential that Lionel Messi has.

This video shows Messi replicating the Hand of God, as well as "that goal" from 1986 when Maradona demolishes the England team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGmtIGUEGZY .

This video shows Messi's vision, composure and ability. Pure class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-yG0...elated&search=

I really think Messi has the potential to be the best player the world has seen (more so than Ronaldo, Rooney, Ronaldinho and any other current players who've been hailed "the world's best".

Any other opinions?
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Messi is simply mesmerizing and will be the best player in the world soon and has the potential to be one of the greatest.

The title "new Maradona" has reached new heigths with Messi, I mean the guy has already replicated Maradonas two most famous goals and he is only 20 years old....very impressive.
..Northern Soul
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol and your being totally neutral there
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
best had a better left foot.
Kil-Kev
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it was Shilton who said "In 1986 England were a better team than Argentina but they werent a better team than Maradona"

He won them that World cup

He won many club honours aswell, including the UEFA Cup with Napoli and league titles.

So he slept with loads of whores, was mates with Fidel Castro, took drugs and punched the ball into the back of the net.

Who cares, Gazza was an alcoholic who beat his wife but he's still argubly the best player to play for england since Bobby Charlton.
jumpinglunch
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Forza El Diego.
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lets be honest - the fact that he totally screwed england over with one of the most classic goals of all time is worth +50points to his tally.

the fact that he made england look like babies afterwards is worth another +50.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kil-Kev)
Who cares, Gazza was an alcoholic who beat his wife but he's still argubly the best player to play for england since Bobby Charlton.
And got caught on the wrong end of Vinnie Jones.
Hubert Poo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:s: :s: :s:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (287)
50.17%
I still don't know (94)
16.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed