Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am third year student majoring in chemical engineering in UAE and i want to do my internship abroad can anyone provide me with list of companies and universities that offer internship programs for international students

ReputationRep:
    Typically an international student in the UK would be someone from the EU so it will be time consuming to find an company that will employ a student that's truly international.

Your best bet would be to consult recruiters in UAE or enquire at international companies that are based in UAE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    Typically an international student in the UK would be someone from the EU so it will be time consuming to find an company that will employ a student that's truly international.

Your best bet would be to consult recruiters in UAE or enquire at international companies that are based in UAE.

Thank you for reply, I did start with international companies in UAE however the options were few or to be honest i dont know alot if u have a list of companies i would be grateful

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a list but the first thing I would do is got to ratemyplacement/internships, find major international companies that you like (don't bother with the small ones), contact their HR departments somehow, then ask if they support international students. If they don't then see if that company has a branch in the UAE.

But to be honest, internships are so short that a company may not fork out that much money to support you for one year. Your best bet would be to find someone in the UAE, I'm sure there's plenty for chemical engineers, especially with the amount of oil you have.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by marwamoh)
    I am third year student majoring in chemical engineering in UAE and i want to do my internship abroad can anyone provide me with list of companies and universities that offer internship programs for international students
    Doesn't your university in UAE provide any assistance with this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.