Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm 18 but dont have a driving licence or passport, does anyone have a citezen card card or similar and do places really accept them?

(Original post by cobra01977)
    i'm 18 but dont have a driving licence or passport, does anyone have a citezen card card or similar and do places really accept them?
    yes they accept proof of age cards; they cost £5

ReputationRep:
    Did you get in the club then?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, if you want to get into a club it has to be driving licence or passport... nothing else and no copies... well these are in the good clubs... sh*tty teeny bopper clubs would accept your mickey mouse club membership if you are a chick... *******S.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of off licenses have application forms for a proof of age card, it's nationally recognised and I think most places accept them.

Though to get one you'll need a passport or a birth certificate I should think...

EDIT: You can get replacement birth certificates for about £7. I have one and they hold just as much legal weight (if that makes sense) as an original copy.
    Just go to the place where your birth was registered. They'll ask a few questions, take your money, and in 10 minutes, you can prove how old you are again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Did you get in the club then?
    Yes i got in the club, but then again, they know my face cos i used to work there, it was a bar before that didnt :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes i got in the club, but then again, they know my face cos i used to work there, it was a bar before that didnt :confused:
    That would make me mad. :mad:

Did you get the t-shirt?

ReputationRep:
    Our student union issued us ID cards where half of them accidentally had the default birthdate still set at 30/06/80. For the purpose of clubs, I am officially 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Our student union issued us ID cards where half of them accidentally had the default birthdate still set at 30/06/80. For the purpose of clubs, I am officially 24
    My college id card was stupid, the date it said it was printed was 3 months after it expired

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else got one of these type of cards then?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it just easier to get a provisional driving lisence.
    This way, you have 'official' identification and you won't have to go through all the bother of applying for one if you decide to learn later on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have a connexions card which is just the same as a citizens card around my way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    Isn't it just easier to get a provisional driving lisence.
    This way, you have 'official' identification and you won't have to go through all the bother of applying for one if you decide to learn later on.
    Yeah, i think thats what i'm gonna do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I have a connexions card which is just the same as a citizens card around my way.
    My friend has one of those and they dont seem to count for much here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    That's the only 'ID' my friend has, and all the pubs where I live think it's fake. He's going to apply for a passport so he'll have some official ID.

Our sixth form made everyone apply for that card, but I didn't bother because it's just an extra way the Government can keep an eye on what we are doing.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a problem coming up. On the 20th of September I have my driving test and we start uni soon after that I think. So assuming I pass I will have to wait for a while untill after all the parties for freshers week before sending off for my full driving licence - you need to send in your provisional don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I've got a problem coming up. On the 20th of September I have my driving test and we start uni soon after that I think. So assuming I pass I will have to wait for a while untill after all the parties for freshers week before sending off for my full driving licence - you need to send in your provisional don't you?
    Surely nobody will want id at freshers week parties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    If you're planning on going to the parties in the Guild, I don't think you'll need your driving license cos you should have your Guild card by then (uni ID).

ReputationRep:
    Btw, provisional driving licences aren't usually accepted as forms of ID in clubs and pubs, unless you have the paper thing as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Btw, provisional driving licences aren't usually accepted as forms of ID in clubs and pubs, unless you have the paper thing as well.
    Thats not true near me, as long as ur 18+

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.