Picked English language for a levels now it's too late to change

Watch
MisterAnonymous
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, so during the half term I stumbled upon some forums on TSR about how English literature is better than English language. The problem is I've picked English language and it's too late for me to change it to English literature since its 7 weeks into the year (I've asked) so I'm wondering what I should do since none of my subjects are considered 'truly academic' My A level options are Law, politics and English language and I want to study law in a decent university. I'm in need of some advice, any advice will be truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English Language is seen as being more prestigious than English Literature, so I don't know why you've picked up that perception. Look up universities that you might want to go to and look which A Levels they prefer. Many universities prefer you not to take Law at A Level because you get taught things completely different apparently, but I'm sure some unis won't mind.

English Language was a good choice. Just look up specific universities for their entry requirements, I think you'll be alright.
MajorFader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Amefish
English literature is seen as more prestigious
than
English
Language.

Get
Good
Grades
In
Your
A
Levels
OP
And
You
Will
Be
Fine!

Myspacesbuttonisntworking!
MisterAnonymous
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amefish)
English Language is seen as being more prestigious than English Literature, so I don't know why you've picked up that perception. Look up universities that you might want to go to and look which A Levels they prefer. Many universities prefer you not to take Law at A Level because you get taught things completely different apparently, but I'm sure some unis won't mind.

English Language was a good choice. Just look up specific universities for their entry requirements, I think you'll be alright.
Thank you for your advice
MisterAnonymous
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorFader)
Amefish
English literature is seen as more prestigious
than
English
Language.

Get
Good
Grades
In
Your
A
Levels
OP
And
You
Will
Be
Fine!

Myspacesbuttonisntworking!
Idk,man.I.feel.as.if.it's.not.the.best.option.Also.my.space.button.isn't.working.when.I'm.replying.to.you.Thats.weird
MajorFader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MisterAnonymous)
Idk,man.I.feel.as.if.it's.not.the.best.option.Also.my.space.button.isn't.working.when.I'm.replying.to.you.Thats.weird
I hope your not pulling my tail?😑
It's working now!
MisterAnonymous
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorFader)
I hope your not pulling my tail?😑
It's working now!
I swear it didn't work before, probably just a glitch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (16)
27.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.78%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
61.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads