Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was emergency taxed on a previous job which ended in August because I did not get my p45 from my former employee. I was then told I would get the tax back in April so did not contact the HMRC. I then went back to work for my former employers and have been told I have been emergency taxed. A friend of mine has just informed me that I should have got my emergency tax from when I worked at Tesco back in this months pay but I haven't. Is this because Tesco haven't gave my employers a p45 (they said they did but only found out today after ringing that it wasn't sent)? Does this now mean I will have to wait until April to get back 2 lots of emergency tax or will I get it in next months pay?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by whiteelephant7)
    I was emergency taxed on a previous job which ended in August because I did not get my p45 from my former employee. I was then told I would get the tax back in April so did not contact the HMRC. I then went back to work for my former employers and have been told I have been emergency taxed. A friend of mine has just informed me that I should have got my emergency tax from when I worked at Tesco back in this months pay but I haven't. Is this because Tesco haven't gave my employers a p45 (they said they did but only found out today after ringing that it wasn't sent)? Does this now mean I will have to wait until April to get back 2 lots of emergency tax or will I get it in next months pay?

Thanks
    call them in the morning, it's possible that you can get it back in the your next pay slip if you speak to them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by whiteelephant7)

Thanks
    I phone hmrc and get them to sort it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.