Turn on thread page Beta

Paid £200 deposit, no contact since. Help!! watch

I'm so stressed out because people are all so **** at communicating after I have paid a deposit for bookings (for a wedding). for example, I paid a £200 deposit to the hall decorators over a week ago and he hasn't even sent me an email confirmation or anything. he has replied to me once since paying and has ignored all of my messages and read them. what the ****? so much uneccessary stress. I've chased him up but he's ignoring my calls and messages and his colleague hasn't replied to me either. why would you make your customers feel like they're being scammed? it takes one minute to send a formal confirmation for **** sake.

Can someone please give me advice idk what to do. the reason im worried and need confirmation is because I've been messed around with booking things before and I need the peace of mind.

The company is legit and they have a website and stuff but this guy is just so shady! the bank transfer was to his personal account instead of one in a business name. should I be worried or should I just chill out? i just feel like I don't even know if it's booked at this point.

He has ignored me when I've showed him which stage decoration I chose and ignored the questions I had!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Seems to be rather foolish sending a bank transfer to his personal account as that doesnt leave you a proper trail to prove what you have agreed with him.

You seem to think his company is legitimate. have you asked for a receipt or a contract? Tbh you should have had the contract or proof of your agreement before you parted with any money. Nobody else in the business you can talk to?

I would send them a recorded delivery / signed for letter confirming the fact you had sent him the transfer of money into the account as required by him and detail what it was for plus include the dates. This is you providing a receipt for yourself. Ask him to confirm within 48 hours.

If he doesnt get back to you then its up to you to decide if you want to cancel. If you cnat sort this out yourself or need assistance, then go to CAB. I'd have got the reassurances I wanted or just canceled and found someone else. Always get proof of whats been agreed.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.