Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am studying Psychology for A-level and I recently joined in year 12. I have mock exams coming up at the end of November and I don't know how to start revising. I just want to do well in Psychology AS and I honestly find Psychology quite hard as theres lots of information and keywords to remember. Some people on TSR said they used PowerPoint, flashcards or mindmaps for their revision. I am completely confused and I don't know if I should use them because I am trying to find out which one is the right technique for me.

Can you please tell me what's your best technique to revise for Psychology?If you have done some, can you please show me them? I would be grateful and please share some useful tips x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia.f)
    Hi all,

I am studying Psychology for A-level and I recently joined in year 12. I have mock exams coming up at the end of November and I don't know how to start revising. I just want to do well in Psychology AS and I honestly find Psychology quite hard as theres lots of information and keywords to remember. Some people on TSR said they used PowerPoint, flashcards or mindmaps for their revision. I am completely confused and I don't know if I should use them because I am trying to find out which one is the right technique for me.

Can you please tell me what's your best technique to revise for Psychology?If you have done some, can you please show me them? I would be grateful and please share some useful tips x
    Hi,

I'm also doing Psychology at year 12. I bought a cgp book and they are so useful! Like they have 120 odd pages all wrapped up for AS instead of 300 pages you get with other books, and they actually cover all the necessary points of every topic. For gcse I saw people with huge books, and I used cgp and it literally saved my life! You can get AS and A2 combined for like £20! I'd pay way more than that (consumer surplus if you do economics aye...if you don't then ignore that haha) But anyways, buy it, learn the content on it, and you'll feel a lot more confident! And the best thing are the jokes at the bottom of every page you'll never get with any of the others

Also, this website is also a life saver

http://www.simplypsychology.org/a-level-psychology.html

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    https://www.loopa.co.uk/blog
    (Original post by sophia.f)
    Hi all,

Hi Sophia,

The exam for AS consists of two papers, unit 1 and unit 2 and they will consist of multiple choice questions, small questions, medium sized and big extended essay questions worth up to 12 marks. You need to have a rounded knowledge of answering all these different types of questions.

The best technique is to practice past papers to get to grips with writing the smaller questions (using the mark scheme to compare you answers and correct the incorrect ones) and then creating and memorising model essay answers for the bigger questions that can also come up for the different topics. This will give you a rounded knowledge of answering any question thrown at you in the exam.

Theres free resources being added constantly on Loopa's revision blog here which should help. Theres model essays there too that are really popular in helping students answer the 12 markers (for AS) and 16 markers (for unit 3 A level).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizanasif)
    Hi,

I'm also doing Psychology at year 12. I bought a cgp book and they are so useful! Like they have 120 odd pages all wrapped up for AS instead of 300 pages you get with other books, and they actually cover all the necessary points of every topic. For gcse I saw people with huge books, and I used cgp and it literally saved my life! You can get AS and A2 combined for like £20! I'd pay way more than that (consumer surplus if you do economics aye...if you don't then ignore that haha) But anyways, buy it, learn the content on it, and you'll feel a lot more confident! And the best thing are the jokes at the bottom of every page you'll never get with any of the others

Also, this website is also a life saver

http://www.simplypsychology.org/a-level-psychology.html

Hope that helps
    Aww thank you so much for replying! I just borrowed a CGP book from my friend who is in y13 and she did Psychology in AS. I'll definitely do that! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    https://www.loopa.co.uk/blog

Hi Sophia,

The exam for AS consists of two papers, unit 1 and unit 2 and they will consist of multiple choice questions, small questions, medium sized and big extended essay questions worth up to 12 marks. You need to have a rounded knowledge of answering all these different types of questions.

The best technique is to practice past papers to get to grips with writing the smaller questions (using the mark scheme to compare you answers and correct the incorrect ones) and then creating and memorising model essay answers for the bigger questions that can also come up for the different topics. This will give you a rounded knowledge of answering any question thrown at you in the exam.

Theres free resources being added constantly on Loopa's revision blog here which should help. Theres model essays there too that are really popular in helping students answer the 12 markers (for AS) and 16 markers (for unit 3 A level).
    This helps a lot, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I made this for my students - it may help.

Download from here (http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/file/show/21239)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    I made this for my students - it may help.

Download from here (http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/file/show/21239)
    This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.