Turn on thread page Beta

If you had to live in the Middle East, which country would you choose? watch

• View Poll Results: Which country would you live in?
    Egypt
    0%
    Iran
    2.33%
    Turkey
    8.14%
    Iraq
    1.16%
    Saudi Arabia
    5.81%
    Yemen
    1.16%
    Syria
    3.49%
    UAE
    30.23%
    Israel
    30.23%
    Jordan
    0%
    Lebanon
    5.81%
    Palestine/ Palestinian Territories
    1.16%
    Oman
    4.65%
    Kuwait
    0%
    Qatar
    3.49%
    Bahrain
    2.33%

ReputationRep:
    Out of these countries:
    Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Gulf states (Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain or UAE), Palestine/Palestinian Territories

Personally I would go for the UAE, particularly Dubai. It seems like the most interesting, diverse part of the Middle East with its huge skyscrapers, luxurious shopping malls, Ferraris, restaurants and things to do. It also seems to have more relaxed laws, like being able to drink alcohol, wearing more Western clothes and stuff like that. I've never been there but it seems nice and wouldn't mind living there.

ReputationRep:
    UAE

ReputationRep:
    egypt or UAE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Out of these countries:
    Egypt
    Iran
    Turkey
    Iraq
    Saudi Arabia
    Yemen
    Syria
    Israel
    Lebanon
    Gulf states (Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain or UAE)
    Palestine/Palestinian territories
    Israel

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anywhere I'd like to live less than the middle east, but if I was forced to at gunpoint it would have to be a gulf state, those being the most westernised. Mabye Bahrain would be a reasonable choice.

...iran

ReputationRep:
    Qatar because I've lived there for a few years before

ReputationRep:
    Dubai in the UAE seems like probably the safest place in the Middle East. I'd love to go there and see the skyscrapers, the luxury shopping malls and the tourist attractions. Plus, I can be a Christian there and read the Bible, pray and do what I want for the most part. The problem would be the weather!

ReputationRep:
    Lebanon! Me being Lebanese has nothing to do with my decision

If not Lebanon, Jordan or Turkey.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey tbh.

ReputationRep:
    UAE, especially Dubai seems like a really nice place to live.

ReputationRep:
    UAE (Dubai) because I really like the lifestyle over there and there are fun leisures and activities. Andddd they have amazing shopping malls!!!!!

Or

Turkey because I love foods over there, I go to a Turkish restaurant with family every weekend and I blooody love it. The tradition over there is fun and interesting & people over there is very friendly and helpful - they form strong bonds.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey seems the most interesting, especially Istanbul- the city that spans two continents! The UAE seems so fake and boring, if u was going to go there I would go somewhere where I can really experience the Middle eastern culture instead of a westernised, cookie cutter environment like Dubai.

ReputationRep:
    UAE (Dubai)

ReputationRep:
    Israel.

It's the only country where I can be straight, gay, atheist, or be of any religion. Can't do that in the rest of the middle east countries.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'd only choose this if the other option was death: UAE (Dubai).

ReputationRep:
    Oman is lovely and underrated if the responses in this thread so far are anything to go by.

ReputationRep:
    Israel or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Syria

ReputationRep:
    In Medina, which is in SA, cus Dubai is mad ting sad ting

Spoiler:
    Show

I dont no how to use mad ting sad ting yet lol so i meant its sick but has disadvantages too

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.