georgec4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just finished my first 6 weeks at college, having finished secondary school and I find myself considering stopping college but don't know what to do. I'm currently studying maths, economics and law. Im just not motivated to do work and my attendance after the 6 weeks is a mere 70%. I find some lessons fly by and I enjoy them, where as others drag on for ages and I really dont. The only aspect of college I enjoy is how social it is, other than that I dont want to show up at all. I don't know whether to leave and find something else or stay and just get through it while hating it, any advice?
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=georgec4;68315184]Just finished my first 6 weeks at college, having finished secondary school and I find myself considering stopping college but don't know what to do. I'm currently studying maths, economics and law. Im just not motivated to do work and my attendance after the 6 weeks is a mere 70%. I find some lessons fly by and I enjoy them, where as others drag on for ages and I really dont. The only aspect of college I enjoy is how social it is, other than that I dont want to show up at all. I don't know whether to leave and find something else or stay and just get through it while hating it, any advice?

The subjects which you have chosen do require a lot of work, so you must be motivated and self-driven towards these. If you are finding lessons boring, why don't you switch to another subject. Sometimes starting a fresh subject with new things can be hard so you need to adjust. Also its hard to do something if you don't enjoy it.
georgec4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Lucky10;68315296]
(Original post by georgec4)
Just finished my first 6 weeks at college, having finished secondary school and I find myself considering stopping college but don't know what to do. I'm currently studying maths, economics and law. Im just not motivated to do work and my attendance after the 6 weeks is a mere 70%. I find some lessons fly by and I enjoy them, where as others drag on for ages and I really dont. The only aspect of college I enjoy is how social it is, other than that I dont want to show up at all. I don't know whether to leave and find something else or stay and just get through it while hating it, any advice?

The subjects which you have chosen do require a lot of work, so you must be motivated and self-driven towards these. If you are finding lessons boring, why don't you switch to another subject. Sometimes starting a fresh subject with new things can be hard so you need to adjust.
I've considered it but maths has always been by strongest subject. Also there are no other subjects that really appeal to me and i've asked other students what their subjects are like and no subject sounds that different either
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=georgec4;68315370]
(Original post by Lucky10)

I've considered it but maths has always been by strongest subject. Also there are no other subjects that really appeal to me and i've asked other students what their subjects are like and no subject sounds that different either
It is hard in this situation, if you want to continue maths perhaps search for an apprenticeship in maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.39%
No (409)
66.61%

Watched Threads