Think People
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My cousin wants to retake a maths GCSE for edexcel. Can someone please post the list of topics required to take this exam as the exam sepcification must have changed since he took the exam in 2014.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Think People)
My cousin wants to retake a maths GCSE for edexcel. Can someone please post the list of topics required to take this exam as the exam sepcification must have changed since he took the exam in 2014.
He can retake next summer using the same specification he originally studied. He needs to specify that to the exams officer at his chosen centre though because the majority of candidates will be entered for the new GCSE 9-1 specification. Not all centres will offer this resit so he should start his search soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think People
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The exam was taken in 2014 and was edexcel. They were 1MA0/1H / 1MA0/2H.
Can you please provide a link to the specifications/topics. You can still use an old specification ? i thought once this new 9-1 specification was introduced you can only take an exam on that.
Thx for the info btw. ill tell him to check the exam centre whether they do the old sepcification...
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Think People)
The exam was taken in 2014 and was edexcel. They were 1MA0/1H / 1MA0/2H.
Can you please provide a link to the specifications/topics. You can still use an old specification ? i thought once this new 9-1 specification was introduced you can only take an exam on that.
Thx for the info btw. ill tell him to check the exam centre whether they do the old sepcification...
There are resits of the old specification this week. The last chance to resit the old specification is during summer 2017.
A list of topics with revision resources is on the maths genie web site
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/oldgcse.html
he last chance to resit the old specification is during summer 2017.
The specification is on the Edexcel site http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...cs-a-2010.html
Past papers can be found there as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads