If so why not?

ReputationRep:
    busy with uni work
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I do not celebrate Halloween because Halloween is not an official celebration of any sort in the country I was born in.

ReputationRep:
    I don't because were I live there are no street lights or pathways and most people don't answer their doors but my friend isn't allowed to do anything for Halloween as her family are Christians and halloween is about death and evil beings like the devil

ReputationRep:
    I remember Halloween actually used to be a big thing back in the day I remember my older Brother going as a Vampire and I went as Harry Potter lol, but now I'm too lazy same with most people I think that and this mass hysteria that if you celebrate Halloween you're worshipping the devil.

ReputationRep:
    I carve a pumpkin #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    No its a pointless celebration it's mainly a American thing tbf

ReputationRep:
    I eat chocolate and thats it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see the point...
    Spoiler:
    Show

besides all the girls dressed up as cats. Meow

ReputationRep:
    Am too old. I was giving out sweets to the children though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattB_)
    Don't really see the point...
    Spoiler:
    Show

besides all the girls dressed up as cats. Meow
    Oh yeah haha. There has been a few extremely fit ones I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No one celebrates it, they don't give a **** about the history or the lore, it's just a chance to get wasted while wearing a scary costume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy4949)
    I don't because were I live there are no street lights or pathways and most people don't answer their doors but my friend isn't allowed to do anything for Halloween as her family are Christians and halloween is about death and evil beings like the devil
    Which is kind of ironic given that the present from of Halloween is a *******ised version of a Celtic spiritual festival of the dead (of sorts) that the Christians hijacked around the 8th Century. Jack o' lanterns were originally made in order to repel evil spirits, so if they're actually serious about their beliefs regarding this then it seems strange that they don't do anything for Halloween considering that they've got a higher chance of the devil entering their house over Halloween compared to those who have Jack o' lanterns.

ReputationRep:
    never did
    never saw the appeal...

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the point

ReputationRep:
    not really..

Personally I prefer to celebrate Guy Fawkes Night..and the two are so close together that havign two parties/family events is to much.. so its either, combine them, or just do fireworks night.

The only time I would do halloween is with my future children, as its still a pretty fun time for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    If so why not?
    Have a Biology mock today. So spent last night revising...

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone obliged to celebrate it or what? Some people don't even know what that is.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    It's pointless and not my thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never rly been fussed about halloween, I was at work/doing essays all weekend/yesterday anyways.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.