person123abc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,
I really don't understand the WJEC B Geography course (exams specifically). Like, what on earth are "themes", and how does the entire exam work. I went on the WJEC B Geography website to look for past papers in the hope that I would understand the exams better. However, I just got more confused. My teacher told us there were only 2 exams- unit 1, and unit 2. But then i go on the website it says "Unit 1- Question paper A", "Unit 1- Question paper B", "Unit 2- Question paper A" and "Unit 2- Question paper B". Are there 4 exams or something??????????? Can someone whose done the course or who just understands please help me, I want to start doing past papers. Thanks!
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the different questions that you saw on the websites are for the tiers which are higher and foundation
And then the themes are 1,2 and 3
Where unit 1 it's basically explains housing
And since I haven't studied the other themes yet am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebecca Joseph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, not to worry! I successfully completed this course last year so will explain. Basically, there are three themes that you will study (theme1, theme 2 and theme 3) but these three themes will be squashed into two exams and a one piece of coursework. For this exam board, the first exam is called unit 1 and it is broken down into unit 1A (which tests your knowledge on theme 1 and unit 1B (which tests your knowledge on theme 2). The second exam is unit 2 which tests your knowledge on theme 3 alone. Unit 3 is simply your coursework. Hopefully you understand😂 and feel free to ask any other questions that you're unsure about.
person123abc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rebecca Joseph)
Hi, not to worry! I successfully completed this course last year so will explain. Basically, there are three themes that you will study (theme1, theme 2 and theme 3) but these three themes will be squashed into two exams and a one piece of coursework. For this exam board, the first exam is called unit 1 and it is broken down into unit 1A (which tests your knowledge on theme 1 and unit 1B (which tests your knowledge on theme 2). The second exam is unit 2 which tests your knowledge on theme 3 alone. Unit 3 is simply your coursework. Hopefully you understand😂 and feel free to ask any other questions that you're unsure about.
Wow! Thanks! I understand it now, you made it way simpler than I made it out to be
person123abc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)
I think the different questions that you saw on the websites are for the tiers which are higher and foundation
And then the themes are 1,2 and 3
Where unit 1 it's basically explains housing
And since I haven't studied the other themes yet am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks
Butterflyoverflo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But what's exactly do we need to know for the coming paper on the 6th June, is there anyway of revising for the problem solving?
Sardonic Zarah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Butterflyoverflo)
But what's exactly do we need to know for the coming paper on the 6th June, is there anyway of revising for the problem solving?
Don't even bother revising for the synoptic paper.
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Check ace geography online one t
Of the topics on there might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (672)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (848)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads