Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I really don't understand the WJEC B Geography course (exams specifically). Like, what on earth are "themes", and how does the entire exam work. I went on the WJEC B Geography website to look for past papers in the hope that I would understand the exams better. However, I just got more confused. My teacher told us there were only 2 exams- unit 1, and unit 2. But then i go on the website it says "Unit 1- Question paper A", "Unit 1- Question paper B", "Unit 2- Question paper A" and "Unit 2- Question paper B". Are there 4 exams or something??????????? Can someone whose done the course or who just understands please help me, I want to start doing past papers. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think the different questions that you saw on the websites are for the tiers which are higher and foundation
    And then the themes are 1,2 and 3
    Where unit 1 it's basically explains housing
    And since I haven't studied the other themes yet am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, not to worry! I successfully completed this course last year so will explain. Basically, there are three themes that you will study (theme1, theme 2 and theme 3) but these three themes will be squashed into two exams and a one piece of coursework. For this exam board, the first exam is called unit 1 and it is broken down into unit 1A (which tests your knowledge on theme 1 and unit 1B (which tests your knowledge on theme 2). The second exam is unit 2 which tests your knowledge on theme 3 alone. Unit 3 is simply your coursework. Hopefully you understand😂 and feel free to ask any other questions that you're unsure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca Joseph)
    Hi, not to worry! I successfully completed this course last year so will explain. Basically, there are three themes that you will study (theme1, theme 2 and theme 3) but these three themes will be squashed into two exams and a one piece of coursework. For this exam board, the first exam is called unit 1 and it is broken down into unit 1A (which tests your knowledge on theme 1 and unit 1B (which tests your knowledge on theme 2). The second exam is unit 2 which tests your knowledge on theme 3 alone. Unit 3 is simply your coursework. Hopefully you understand😂 and feel free to ask any other questions that you're unsure about.
    Wow! Thanks! I understand it now, you made it way simpler than I made it out to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomeyz_01)
    I think the different questions that you saw on the websites are for the tiers which are higher and foundation
    And then the themes are 1,2 and 3
    Where unit 1 it's basically explains housing
    And since I haven't studied the other themes yet am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    But what's exactly do we need to know for the coming paper on the 6th June, is there anyway of revising for the problem solving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyoverflo)
    But what's exactly do we need to know for the coming paper on the 6th June, is there anyway of revising for the problem solving?
    Don't even bother revising for the synoptic paper.

ReputationRep:
    Check ace geography online one t
    Of the topics on there might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.